1/11/23…nice snow..sort of busy.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 835am and it was partly sunny and in the low 30s.  None of the snowmaking cannons were on but there was scattered snowmaking overnight.  In the house were Johnny Law, Atomic Jeff, Dirtwolf and a couple hundred boomers and lots of snowboarders.  At the 9am opening bell there were a solid 75-100 people at the Quad.  

First run down razors and it was a wall to wall smooth corduroy carpet.  We did a repeat of razors then onto Main Street which was a wall to wall carpet and even the skeet spot skied well.  I repeated Main Street 5 more times then peaced out around 1020am.  All in all it was excellent snow but already a half full quad corral when I left with people spilling in.  I don’t blame them as tomorrow it’s supposed to be warm and rainy.  I’ll either be back Friday or Saturday.  

F423EFBA-EF03-4E8A-89A8-40367604EEBC.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

One of the best conditions all year so far , was a treat to arc them on main. 

Upper main could have been in a brochure picture.  Barney’s bumps had the best and longest lasting cord on the mountain with the exception of some of the Western territory off the OG west summit like Upper Widowmaker, upper come around…

While taking connector one of @saltyantfavorite runs, I saw a rare sight, two skiers dancing down upper upper main street. My guess is they took the vista chair unless they hiked in off the Appalachian trail after a night of boondocking in a short bus. 

The amount of people out earlier seemed bad but it was mainly just cause the quad was the only lift running.  It was a very social vibe..singles and doubles were doing a really good job naturally pairing up.  

On 22 this morning there was a bad accident on 15th street and all red on the maps..so I took 309 to walbert and I knew walbert would be backed up to springhouse so dipped one block over to winchester and 4 cars at the light at cedar crest by Applebys vs 50 cars on walbert then cruises past my work saw that delivery guy was doing his thing cruised by Whitehall high school..took 50 minutes, the length of a psychologists appointment.   

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Bought a 5 pack of group lessons from school for the kid and we had the first one tonight. We’ve had private lessons previously and wanted her to get to socialize with other kids at the mountain. Well they had 5 boarders, 3 skiers, and 12 instructors when we showed so the kid had a private lesson 🤦 Instructors were super nice and said they’ve struggled a little bit this week. They lost all private lesson reservations from 1/6-1/20. Ouch.

The usual slick spots and push piles but it’s fun. Lines vary from nonexistent to a 5 minute wait so far. Having a hydration break and headed back out to find @mbike-skisince I see his truck. 

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1

Just now, enjoralas said:

Should have just logged into your account on your phone and redeemed your buddy pass.

lol this reminds me that the other day i was trying to remember who i gave my buddy pass to last year. after a little while, i remembered i gave it to myself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Benm said:

lol this reminds me that the other day i was trying to remember who i gave my buddy pass to last year. after a little while, i remembered i gave it to myself.

Normally I would not be about doing that since the buddy pass has a value way above $20. But last year was the first year I ever even used mine, wasting like 4 of them before that. So odds are for me it would actually be a good value

56 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

If you go on a ski trip and come back don't forget to put your blue pass back in your coat. It's $20 charge to give you a new one. 

Found that out last month too when I forgot the kid’s pass. Gave me a warning and said next one is $20. I asked if I could use the e-gift card from the returning season pass and they just laughed and had no clue what I was talking about. Not surprised since a bunch of them have not been issued.

31 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

You have to go on the chat before business hours, so you’re not 50th in the queue. Immediately got my gift card. 

Did the chat this weekend(#12 in the queue) which they deferred to a 48 hour response from the correct person. Was then notified “it’ll be in the next batch dispersed.” Still waiting.

Pretty sure I said hi to @momskeeztoogoing to the lodge/bathroom at 5:10 but got denied. Still determined to say hi and ride together.

Edited by mute1080
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Today were some of the best conditions in awhile. A bit crowded, they opened the 6 pack around 330. The new lift was spinning, I guess were testing it. Did a bunch of runs, tailgate, then back out. Total of 17 runs. I may come on Sunday morning to check out the new lift. 

Amazing how it can go from so good to so bad in the course of a day.