1/20…cold/crowded..lots of PASRs

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot at 7:25am and the temperature was in the low teens. In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, Johnny Law, Mixilplix, Salty, TP4, Mute, BooBear, Enjorales, Pops, MBike Mike, Nastar Glenn, Schifdawg, Nancy, BenM, Charles and many others.  

First order of business was getting my bad foot into ski boot…success.  Second civilian chair on the super summit safari six pack.  First run on Main Street which was pretty good.  First slow squeaky snow of the season I’ve skied…Lazy had nice snow as well and got my first falls of the season.  No lip on the falls and the runout was smooth.  

Up the quad to Coming soon which was a bit ratty but good grip.  Lower paradise already a clusterfuck like 820am. Then skied Paradise and decent snow but very busy.  I did one run on lower Widowmaker to midway to lower main and lower Widowmaker was small cookies.  The Chute is open but pure cookies.  

Definitely some entertaining lift rides seeing beginners out of control on chute and Main Street and even a runaway ski.  I skied lazy again and ended my session with a couple on Main Street..upper Main Street was pretty quiet.  Guns are blasting on nightmare/dreamweaver and challenge.  

Fun but chilly parking lot, first parking lot session I kept my gloves on this season. Also had a Tesla parked like 16” away from my car.  While I skied liftlines were a few minutes max but I’m sure they got into the 10+ minute range. All the high speeds running helped, helped make the trails more crowded lol.  

I’m probably skipping tomorrow and sleeping in had my fill of Blue…gotta get ready for JH on Tuesday. See everybody in February for the third quarter.  

JADIP

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot at 7:25am and the temperature was in the low teens. In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, Johnny Law, Mixilplix, Salty, TP4, Mute, BooBear, Enjorales, Pops, MBike Mike, Nastar Glenn, Schifdawg, Nancy, BenM, Charles and many others.  

First order of business was getting my bad foot into ski boot…success.  Second civilian chair on the super summit safari six pack.  First run on Main Street which was pretty good.  First slow squeaky snow of the season I’ve skied…Lazy had nice snow as well and got my first falls of the season.  No lip on the falls and the runout was smooth.  

Up the quad to Coming soon which was a bit ratty but good grip.  Lower paradise already a clusterfuck like 820am. Then skied Paradise and decent snow but very busy.  I did one run on lower Widowmaker to midway to lower main and lower Widowmaker was small cookies.  The Chute is open but pure cookies.  

Definitely some entertaining lift rides seeing beginners out of control on chute and Main Street and even a runaway ski.  I skied lazy again and ended my session with a couple on Main Street..upper Main Street was pretty quiet.  Guns are blasting on nightmare/dreamweaver and challenge.  

Fun but chilly parking lot, first parking lot session I kept my gloves on this season. Also had a Tesla parked like 16” away from my car.  While I skied liftlines were a few minutes max but I’m sure they got into the 10+ minute range. All the high speeds running helped, helped make the trails more crowded lol.  

I’m probably skipping tomorrow and sleeping in had my fill of Blue…gotta get ready for JH on Tuesday. See everybody in February for the third quarter.  

JADIP

How’s your foot afterwards? 

Just now, AirheadD8 said:

How’s your foot afterwards? 

8 out of 10. On the way back from skiing went grocery shopping and it didn’t bug me at all walking around. I also put my passenger seat floor mat down in the lot getting into and out of my boots…it’s a trick I learned from some of the boomers.  

• Like 4

Upper Widowmaker wasn’t too bad. Chute could definitely use a couple more days grooming. People shooting  down from lower sidewinder to the slow crowd at the top of Barb’s way made things interesting. Central Park was a featureless bypass to Barb’s way. Gates already set up on Razors at 8 am. Left at 9:30 when lines on all 3 lifts were getting backed up. Nice while it lasted. People talking about their trips coming up. 

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 2

The snow today was calling to stay out and ski but the crowds made it impossible.  So much would be improved if they just stood around elsewhere. Maybe instead of right in front of the corrals you moved over 20 ft but that's probably wishful thinking. 

Upper main was a carpet just do whatever you want skiing mid was like wtf and lower was ok. Lazy and dis were very good but they get so slow in good snow.

Coming Soon the headwall still has primo grip but is still so ratty.

Major props to gss for the mtn dew, no one I know agrees but it's just hyper refreshing post ski and to beer Jesus for the double hook up.  I'm going to have to gift you a domestic servant and one of the good ones from Indonesia to begin to return the favor. 

I'm cautiously optimistic for tomorrow but another groom never hurts and hopefully everyone went today. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

The snow today was calling to stay out and ski but the crowds made it impossible.  So much would be improved if they just stood around elsewhere. Maybe instead of right in front of the corrals you moved over 20 ft but that's probably wishful thinking. 

Upper main was a carpet just do whatever you want skiing mid was like wtf and lower was ok. Lazy and dis were very good but they get so slow in good snow.

Major props to gss for the mtn dew, no one I know agrees but it's just hyper refreshing post ski and to beer Jesus for the double hook up.  I'm going to have to gift you a domestic servant and one of the good ones from Indonesia to begin to return the favor. 

I'm cautiously optimistic for tomorrow but another groom never hurts and hopefully everyone went today. 

You’re at a mountain you drink Mountain Dew  and you fist bump your homeys…we all have different tastes..I’d be surprised if VTMark was drinking a vanilla latte or Mute was having a mikes harder blue raspberry which I heard are delicious.  Different slopes for different folks with an emphasis on stoke.  

People really got after it in the 2” that fell yesterday.  A ride up the OG six pack revealed lots of tracks on the MBike trails and sidewinder..people really got after it.  One lift ride..on one of the corners of lower sidewinder a skier was eyeballing cutting the corner which is easy for us noob it’s intimidating and our chair and the one behind with Indiggio and slim and the bumpers were all like Send It…that’s the sort of thing that makes blue fun. 

Also the runaway ski..I’m really surprised warren miller never filmed at Blue…no need to drive all the way to Hunter to film some B roll.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

Mountain Dew and whiskey is my go to drink after summer round of golf. Something about it just hits the G spot of post activity refreshment 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’re at a mountain you drink Mountain Dew  and you fist bump your homeys…we all have different tastes..I’d be surprised if VTMark was drinking a vanilla latte or Mute was having a mikes harder blue raspberry which I heard are delicious.  Different slopes for different folks with an emphasis on stoke.  

People really got after it in the 2” that fell yesterday.  A ride up the OG six pack revealed lots of tracks on the MBike trails and sidewinder..people really got after it.  One lift ride..on one of the corners of lower sidewinder a skier was eyeballing cutting the corner which is easy for us noob it’s intimidating and our chair and the one behind with Indiggio and slim and the bumpers were all like Send It…that’s the sort of thing that makes blue fun. 

Also the runaway ski..I’m really surprised warren miller never filmed at Blue…no need to drive all the way to Hunter to film some B roll.  

I bet vtmark got mad lattes at the gangbang

One day would be the jackpot of b roll, all the stuff off le chute alone but hot damn that ski was trucking. Normally I'm pro shenanigans but that's majorly uncool. Reason number 2929281849 to never stop moving at blue.  

Yelling off the lift at people eyeing a line is a requisite I think, one to stoke them up but two to build tension for the peanut gallery until they actually go.  

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Mountain Dew and whiskey is my go to drink after summer round of golf. Something about it just hits the G spot of post activity refreshment 

As far as I know its intended purpose was as a mixer for whiskey or bourbon, idk which, I was told it's called a pink panther.

When I went to dollywood I went by where it was invented but sadly there isn't anything mt dew there 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

As far as I know its intended purpose was as a mixer for whiskey or bourbon, idk which, I was told it's called a pink panther.

When I went to dollywood I went by where it was invented but sadly there isn't anything mt dew there 

I may be wrong, but I heard somewhere it was intended to be mixed with moonshine. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Prob lots of Mellow yellow in those parts.  

7 minutes ago, Schif said:

I may be wrong, but I heard somewhere it was intended to be mixed with moonshine. 

That makes way more sense ! I know JD was close but it's a dry town and my gut said moonshine country. Plus the oj and strong flavor would really make the shine go down.  

3 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

So much would be improved if they just stood around elsewhere. Maybe instead of right in front of the corrals you moved over 20 ft but that's probably wishful thinking. 

Human flush slalom gates. 

• Like 1

Lots of fun to be had today as the snow was excellent mostly everywhere save Le Shite.  A single run down that was plenty!  Later in the morning. Stopped across from it to watch a snowboarder coming down on his back full speed directly for a girl who was standing near the bottom of Chute watching this guy headed right for her!  In a bought of panic, she stood there like a deer in the headlights, but then got it together enough to move backwards just in time for the boarder to slide past her and into the Boulder ditch!  Typical Blue antics!

Saw another boarder on Lazy just under the OG6 getting places on a back board and neck brace.  Not good!

VIP line on the OG6 was the shit!  We stayed until 1pm with only 5 or so minute wait times.  Still wish people these days would learn to count to 6.  I swear there’s a dimensional warp just before the lift as people weee mysteriously disappearing after they’d been grouped in 6s.

Mountain Dew & Vodka is Keith’s go-to since he can no longer drink beer due to his gout.

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Lots of fun to be had today as the snow was excellent mostly everywhere save Le Shite

Le Shite is usually totally rad. Today it looked like a shite glacier. I commend you with kudos and high honors for braving the shite glacier. 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Le Shite is usually totally rad. Today it looked like a shite glacier. I commend you with kudos and high honors for braving the shite glacier. 

I forgot to add, early in the morning we saw a racer come down it, probably hit one of the groomer ditches and ate shite, yardsaling to the bottom.

Blue making Johnny Cash today!
IMG_8577.thumb.jpeg.2205eb4cf9d98b616efe8f2820005860.jpeg

Edited by indiggio
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I forgot to add, early in the morning we saw a racer come down it, probably hit one of the groomer ditches and ate shite, yardsaling to the bottom.

Good thing I scoped it out first. I hope that racer is ok and learned a valuable lesson to not send it on Le Shité on its first day open.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, indiggio said:

IMG_8577.thumb.jpeg.2205eb4cf9d98b616efe8f2820005860.jpeg

Holy crap, is that the line to get in? 😳