Two 1324

JFskiDan

3rd civilian chair on the quad surrounded by snowboarders and dudes on race skis. 
3rd at the headwall of racers until the 2 skiers in front of me ate shit. If you want to know what mini root keeps in his backpack, today the answer is, snow. 
very fun, but its some heavy ass shit, but im so glad i didnt go to work today. Switch is open, no grooming underneath, and thats not really my thing, but maybe later. 
on a beer break. Its chunder now, so that should be fun. Im hoping the headwall on coming soon has the volkswagons parked on it. Heading there now. 
i would say there was a foot of snow. Good base building snow so this will help lots. 
IMG_9605.thumb.jpeg.1bcb380eec43f664e73dc09f571ad3be.jpeg

• Like 5

Debating if it's worth coming up for an evening sesh with the kids. I'll watch the cams later I guess and see how crowded it gets. I don't think the will handle the deep chop very well, and feel like it will be a lot of effort for very little payoff

11 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Debating if it's worth coming up for an evening sesh with the kids. I'll watch the cams later I guess and see how crowded it gets. I don't think the will handle the deep chop very well, and feel like it will be a lot of effort for very little payoff

Still ski on with the other 6 idle .

Definitely choppy

27 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Was debating the same. I think it'll be quite heavy and the sun's out and temps are headed up to 40 or so. Tomorrow night may actually be better 

8 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

The fact that you're still skiing is a good sign...unless you got there late?

3rd chair. Suns out now. Lines are growing a touch. I think i earned some burger king or something. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Was debating the same. I think it'll be quite heavy and the sun's out and temps are headed up to 40 or so. Tomorrow night may actually be better 

Yeah, for sure if we don't come up tonight, I'll take them up tomorrow night. I just know they will not ski the conditions well tonight, lots of falls, be soaking wet from the wet snow, and if it's crowded on the slopes I'll be constantly worried about keeping an eye on them/trying to ski right behind them in order to keep them from getting creamed. And skiing like that destroys my legs, lol.

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice real time updates JFDan!!!  My FOMO is starting to kick in.  Definitely a day for the fat skis 

Maybe a snorkel too. Good thing I have Elan Ripsticks for this weekend to ski all the fresh powder stashes in the glades!!!

• Boner City 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Maybe a snorkel too. Good thing I have Elan Ripsticks for this weekend to ski all the fresh powder stashes in the glades!!!

Maybe @Ski2Live Live2Ski will be out to ski the glades.  Gonna be a weekend to remember.  I’ll show you a few cool super secret stashes if you don’t go blabbing to the brahs on Teton gravity about them.   

• Boner City 1