Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

I think GSS is right. This might be the season that never happens.

Well Johnny law said its bound to get cold due to low sun angel lol

And the season that never happens isn't gonna be a one time thing. It's gonna be a more common occurance in PA as global temperatures rise.

I'm gonna be spending my whole season on freedom trail smh

Freedom is gonna be bare by tomorrow.

Oh I'm sure freedom will be hurting. Fri sat and sun nights they can make snow, then it gets warm again. Will they be able to blow enough Friday night to open Saturday, idk

Doesn't matter for you don't you work Saturdays?? You just want it ready for Sunday.

They can do it TP4! I can't see spending my week off on freedom with my family. We will be heading north if JF doesn't open.

After this warm spell gonna be slim pickings up north.

I think GSS is right. This might be the season that never happens.

I told you ... Xmas in Wheat Ridge 

Damn....props to BC for the efforts....

Agreed ... I wonder if any other places will follow suite?  Forget new lifts and lodge upgrades.  That's got to cost a ton of $$$/Energy to lower that volume of water by 10 degrees.

You all get that the amount of change predicted from global warming cannot conceivably produce temperature swings in out lifetime of the magnitude of this warm spell any more than a cold snowy winter would disprove global warming. This just falls under fluctuation that occurs from year to year.

You all get that the amount of change predicted from global warming cannot conceivably produce temperature swings in out lifetime of the magnitude of this warm spell any more than a cold snowy winter would disprove global warming. This just falls under fluctuation that occurs from year to year.

Not trying to call you out, but do you have any sources to back that up? Obviously I'm being just as speculative, but everything I've read lately is more along the lines of "more volatile, less predictable, bigger temp swings" for the northeast, not necessary just across the board warmer. Last year to this year has certainly been all of those things, and one degree change average over the globe doesn't necessarily mean it gets one degree warmer uniformly.

• Like 1

Not trying to call you out, but do you have any sources to back that up? Obviously I'm being just as speculative, but everything I've read lately is more along the lines of "more volatile, less predictable, bigger temp swings" for the northeast, not necessary just across the board warmer. Last year to this year has certainly been all of those things, and one degree change average over the globe doesn't necessarily mean it gets one degree warmer uniformly.

To the extent it causes bigger temp swings it is possible winters could be less predictable. My point is that the amount of warming will not ruin local skiing in our lifetimes. Fluctuations can help as easily as they can hurt.

To the extent it causes bigger temp swings it is possible winters could be less predictable. My point is that the amount of warming will not ruin local skiing in our lifetimes. Fluctuations can help as easily as they can hurt.

yeah, that's along the lines of what I've read as well. I just think ruin in this case is a relative term. Compared to last year, almost a month of ski season has been "ruined"; it's all relative. We just need some cold so everyone can stop whining and get back on the slopes.
  • Like 1

The problem is when it gets "cold" the lows are only around 27 to 29 degrees. That's marginal for making snow and those temps will probably be reached very early in the morning for a very short period of time, which means little time for snowmaking. Then during the day it warms up to melt whatever little bit of snow was made. As time goes on I'm starting to think this is the first time in history a long term forecast was accurate.