Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

24 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks, I know Barb really enjoys the bunk bed talk. I am glad we are making this a day of kindness!!!

@saltyant in a pinch sometimes there’s a pullout couch…I turned the heat on in the hotel house and now it’s hot like your sister.  I wish I had an extra buddy pass for her.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DiMe said:

The grilled steeze does not share lodging!  You can book a 8 bed 5 bath mansion and the Steeze will still stay alone.

At the house my family rented at big boulder lake, I didn’t even have my own bedroom..and had to use bathroom next to my parents bedroom and after three 9% beers and a margarita, had one of those long pees and woke the dogs up and they were barking.  I like being by myself unless a booty call…

We have been trying since May to get a permit for a detached garage here. The powers that be just kept working against us. We finally got a permit last Thursday and my excavator was here Friday to begin work. 

Still have to finish excavating then pour some involved concrete as nothing here is flat terrain. As much as I want snow (and it is forecasted this weekend), this Braveheart clip sums up how I feel about snow holding off just a tad longer so we can get this done. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Barb said:

We have been trying since May to get a permit for a detached garage here. The powers that be just kept working against us. We finally got a permit last Thursday and my excavator was here Friday to begin work. 

Still have to finish excavating then pour some involved concrete as nothing here is flat terrain. As much as I want snow (and it is forecasted this weekend), this Braveheart clip sums up how I feel about snow holding off just a tad longer so we can get this done. 

How large of a garage are you building?  

13 minutes ago, Barb said:

I think this was discussed. 25 x 30, all for my husband. He needs his man space 

Need a space to keep all our toys. Kayaks, paddles, fishing gear, archery, bikes, skis, Jeep tow and recovery gear, hiking packs and boots. Any plans for a whole house generator? That was a purchase we never regretted. 

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 2

So this guy thinks we could see some cold by thanksgiving. 

https://arcfieldweather.com/blog/2023/11/13/230-pm-a-more-active-weather-pattern-and-a-cold-air-outbreak-sweeps-across-much-of-the-nation-next-weekjust-in-time-for-thanksgiving-

dayteleconnection-indices-support-change-to-cold-idea?fbclid=IwAR11f0AGlKS0hSt0TMoUdaYqoT9Jw6v_7-nRlVVl6SGi6WNAYq2w-FPCjB0

doesnt really say snowmaking cold, but one can always hope. Still thinking its gonna be december before we are skiing at blue though. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Low temps look pretty good, but unfortunately humidity levels look to be too high...

For this coming weekend, sure it would be neat to see them make some snow, but yeah, humidity looks high, and it doesnt look like it stays at like 27-28 degrees for very long each night.  lets at least hope that cold around thanksgiving sticks around.  

• Like 2

IMG_8719.thumb.jpeg.1ef75f7bb1721608f27cbe5236d898d8.jpeg

got about 4” of very wet heavy snow so far. It was dumping earlier. My power has gone off and on about 6 times so far today. My well pump didn’t reset and I had to dig out the manual and reset it. First time I have had to do that. But I do have 15 gallons of emergency “prepper” water in the closet just in case. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Barb said:

IMG_8719.thumb.jpeg.1ef75f7bb1721608f27cbe5236d898d8.jpeg

got about 4” of very wet heavy snow so far. It was dumping earlier. My power has gone off and on about 6 times so far today. My well pump didn’t reset and I had to dig out the manual and reset it. First time I have had to do that. But I do have 15 gallons of emergency “prepper” water in the closet just in case. 

Ugh!  Power outage and well pump aren't a good mix.
Do you have a generator big enough to run the well pump? 
If no, might consider one.  However, the other problem is fueling it.   Do you have propane?

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Ugh!  Power outage and well pump aren't a good mix.
Do you have a generator big enough to run the well pump? 
If no, might consider one.  However, the other problem is fueling it.   Do you have propane?

We looked into a whole house generator and they are insanely expensive. Something about high altitude makes them more expensive. We have a gas generator and we always keep 5-8 gallons of gas handy. And yes, propane. Power outages are a very regular occurrence here. But yesterday was unusual. It’s a learning curve living here for sure….

32 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

What a beautiful morning…crisp, cold, sunny. Feels like skiing. I love it.

I had to wear a fleece to work today and had frost on my car.  I almost used the ice scrapper you gave me but just let the heat do it’s thing.  It feels like it’s almost thanksgiving. 

• Like 1