Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This rain and warmth was was worse and more prolonged then last week and sadly this rain doesn’t end with a cold front.  3” so far in Allentown and counting and up to 56 degrees. 

We just got a call from the school district. I thought maybe a Christmas miracle happened overnight a d the rain changed to snow. Nope...busses are delayed because of excessive flooding on the roads 

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This rain and warmth was was worse and more prolonged then last week and sadly this rain doesn’t end with a cold front.  3” so far in Allentown and counting and up to 56 degrees. 

Dude you suck. I was expecting it to be white outside. Went to the window and nothing 

3 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Dude you suck. I was expecting it to be white outside. Went to the window and nothing 

3” of rain. Actually 3.05” at the ABE airport as of 7am maybe we’ll get to 3.5”.  Blues snow is magically still there but another 36 hours of fog and warmth will erode the base and you know Shadows it’s all about the base. 

On 12/14/2023 at 6:37 AM, JFskiDan said:

going a little colder after Christmas.  hope it keeps up.  we really need a sustained cold though.  

image.png.27082c2e64d00ab1a4867d5fab2ab0e6.png

image.png.7d8d44109c956d0f080619ce4495fafd.png

Some decent overnight temps, not spectacular, but hopefully enough to piece back the single track on Paradise to keep that in play, and refresh the balance.  Probably making paradise a thick single track layer is going to hold up better to 3" of rain than spreading that shit out.  They will be blowing on Razors for sure shortly.  hopefully upper main too.  i would say based on this they will be trying to lay down some famous Blue Mountain Gak most of the day Saturday.  

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, DiMe said:

It's amazing how winter in PA seemingly has changed over my long absence.  I remember back when I worked at The Camel not being near 100% by Christmas or at worst New Years was super unusual.

That was prob a good stretch. Many winters we’ve had limited terrain for Xmas week and a few no skiing. 

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That was prob a good stretch. Many winters we’ve had limited terrain for Xmas week and a few no skiing. 

I would love to see your encyclopedic knowledge of past ski seasons put down on a calendar view or something similar where we could look at a specific week and see how much terrain Blue had open for the same time period across multiple years. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Schif said:

I would love to see your encyclopedic knowledge of past ski seasons put down on a calendar view or something similar where we could look at a specific week and see how much terrain Blue had open for the same time period across multiple years. 

For those with time, energy and inclination, one could probably go back through the reports and ascertain a lot of that information.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Schif said:

That’s gonna cost you. I’m the archives for my family.  When ever my mom and sister have a disagreement on when something was or something they ask me and I always have the answer. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

22 minutes ago, indiggio said:

For those with time, energy and inclination, one could probably go back through the reports and ascertain a lot of that information.

I was thinking that as well.  From memory I know we had no skiing Xmas week  2011 and 2015.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This is normal December weather for PA..and January as well. 

Normal, probably.  worse than last year, yes.  

19 minutes ago, Schif said:

Other than the year of 3 opening days, the last being in January, this year is going down as a second to that year, at least from what i can remember.  Last years opening - 

image.png.41f2f8b12a0db7c2eb8cc32bfe0e89e0.png

Around the 17th of December lazy, midway, and lower main opened.  

Raceway opened right after christmas, and shortly after that Razors.  

So, by Jan 1 there was at least all of main, razors, come around, falls was in there somewhere.  

I think by Jan 1 this year, we wont see anything new open over what we have now.  the weather just isnt that good.  last year there was a big cold snap right before Christmas and into that week.  

5 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I dont have tons going on at work right now........it might be obvious.  

My work was dead today for once..most exciting parts of my day were being yelled at by an old lady, praised by an old lady, hoagie from primos(meatball), killing time at UPS store and Target ran into a customer at target who yelled at me two weeks ago.  She was at next self checkout..I offered to buy her coffee and she declined..I need a snowstorm to track or at least watch snowguns blast on my iPhone.