Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

10 hours ago, Kyle said:

I’m been thoroughly enjoying the cooler temps the past few nights, made for some great sleep. 

It was 45 degrees when I took the dog for a walk this morning. Really nice weather with the sun shining. If all summer weather was like this I would enjoy summer a lot more.

• Like 2

Back to normal temps here today. High 40’s for my morning dog walk and only going to be mid 70’s. Sitting on my front porch in the shade and I had to grab a sweatshirt. Love normal mountain weather 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

My AC has been on for a while now.  Once it goes on, i dont shut it off until September.  I hate being hot.  Fuck that.  

I can do cold (as demonstrated by my "no heat November" adventures), but I don't do hot.  My AC has been set on 70 for weeks now.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I can do cold (as demonstrated by my "no heat November" adventures), but I don't do hot.  My AC has been set on 70 for weeks now.  

I would rather be outside in the kind of weather that tries to hurt you, like at the top of Sugarbush, than a baking hot summer day. 

I made the mistake of turning off my AC for over 24 hours and on Sunday it took forever for it to get back down to the 73 I set it at. 

Edited by Schif

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I set mine at 71 at work and in the hotel house I just turn it on 68 for like an hour and the suite is cool for a few hours.  

If I didn’t have to pay for it I would set it at 65.

37 minutes ago, Schif said:

I turned the AC off when I went to work this morning. Saving money yes, but it might have been a mistake. 

This was the thermostat when I walked in from work. 

IMG_20210628_181827_01.jpg

Theres a few different schools of thought here, but i go to the school that says you arent saving a dime by doing that. Turning it off at night might, but still, i think its pretty negligible. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Schif said:

I turned the AC off when I went to work this morning. Saving money yes, but it might have been a mistake. 

This was the thermostat when I walked in from work. 

IMG_20210628_181827_01.jpg

I can't do that ... I have a Loft Style Apartment and the loft takes too long to cool down -- have to keep running all day

I have a mini split in my office for heat and ac. In the summer it can run non stop on ac and it hardly has an effect on the electric bill. My old office had a window unit and the office was bigger. The light bill was always high in the summer. I can't believe how efficient those mini splits are.  

1 hour ago, pcklein31 said:

I can't do that ... I have a Loft Style Apartment and the loft takes too long to cool down -- have to keep running all day

My friend lives in that type of apartment and it was huge and her electric bills were massive but would have the heat in the 70s and AC in the 60s. Like $300 a month for a two bedroom 

1 hour ago, pcklein31 said:

It's not a loft but I'm on the third floor. On cooler days it was fine turning it off during the day but not with these temps. It just felt like a waste to run the AC for the 14 hours I am usually gone 

20 minutes ago, Schif said:

It's not a loft but I'm on the third floor. On cooler days it was fine turning it off during the day but not with these temps. It just felt like a waste to run the AC for the 14 hours I am usually gone 

In the winter do you get some residual heat from your neighbors?