Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

1 hour ago, Barb said:

Shit getting real here. My Jeep is at a mechanic in the next town over that is literally burning to the ground. We tried to pick it up when they called to say it was done and in the span of an hour the fire got insane and we were turned around by police. I have a feeling it’s not gonna make it. 

horrific watching live footage of homes burning. 100 structures burned to the ground so far. The fire is only about 4 hours old 

Prayers for you, the town (and not as serious but still prayin) that bad ass jeep. I hope things work out. 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barb said:

Shit getting real here. My Jeep is at a mechanic in the next town over that is literally burning to the ground. We tried to pick it up when they called to say it was done and in the span of an hour the fire got insane and we were turned around by police. I have a feeling it’s not gonna make it. 

horrific watching live footage of homes burning. 100 structures burned to the ground so far. The fire is only about 4 hours old 

Holy shit that's terrible ! Stay safe and take care of yourself !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Ugh. So over this weather. God and Jesus, please throw the skiing health care workers a bone. We’re at the end of our ropes. 

You health care workers have good job security just like tombstone salesman like me.  I’m just thankful for the little windows of snowmaking which has allowed us some fine ski days so far.  But I will pray on the blood of Jesus Christ of ladder day saints and Moses and Mohammad and Buddha and Nastar Glenn and TP4  that the rest of the season is good amen... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Please explain the significance of Beltzville for this newb please. 

A stiff north wind plus lake effect  plus orographic lifting and the Kittatinny ridge creates what is know as white magic..aka snow aka frozen droplets intermixed with air combined with candy coated rainbow titty sparkles will have you skiing nipple deep pow pow on widowmaker aka raceway aka shicola chute aka Saltys revenge...it will have your Herman twisted like a pretzel. 

1D01E4FE-2860-4E52-85C1-29254AB5443F.gif

2DC7CE95-6A83-4CB0-A39F-9E0E6126644C.png

• Love 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A stiff north wind plus lake effect  plus orographic lifting and the Kittatinny ridge creates what is know as white magic..aka snow aka frozen droplets intermixed with air combined with candy coated rainbow titty sparkles will have you skiing nipple deep pow pow on widowmaker aka raceway aka shicola chute aka Saltys revenge...it will have your Herman twisted like a pretzel. 

1D01E4FE-2860-4E52-85C1-29254AB5443F.gif

2DC7CE95-6A83-4CB0-A39F-9E0E6126644C.png

So Lake effect, good for 3 flakes lol

9 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

So Lake effect, good for 3 flakes lol

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Correct 

I believe incorrect. My understanding is that it’s the local equivalent of the Powder Buoy. No one really knows why, but when it pops, storm’s a’comin. You can set your swatch by it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

I believe incorrect. My understanding is that it’s the local equivalent of the Powder Buoy. No one really knows why, but when it pops, storm’s a’comin. You can set your swatch by it.

Well I’ve been on the south side of the lake when a front came though and blew all the fog off . So I guess if the direction is right. Lol 

Or maybe a school of Crappie tanking shelter under the Buoy 😁