First Gear Purchase for 2011/2012 Season

Ride Delaware ?

I'd just like to thank southwest for giving me 50,000 points for paying a small fee of 60 bucks to get the card.. Good enough for two round trips. 60 bucks for 800 bucks in flights, looks good to me.

Edited by Dan-
  • Like 1

I'd just like to thank southwest for giving me 50,000 points for paying a small fee of 60 bucks to get the card.. Good enough for two round trips. 60 bucks for 800 bucks in flights, looks good to me.

Isn't it nice? I can't wait to use mine. Plus I had a $50 voucher to use on the flight that I recently purchased bringing it down to $250.

Does sickbird count as a post??

Isn't it nice? I can't wait to use mine. Plus I had a $50 voucher to use on the flight that I recently purchased bringing it down to $250.

I had a $25 voucher for my airfare this time around and a $10 credit from a wendy's cup brought my round trip down to $325 after tax/fees.

I signed up for a card a little while back, but need to wait to use the points guess I can use them for the next trip, it's an excuse to go on another anyway...= )

Hell yea it's nice. Going to make that march utah trip cheap as hell. Shit maybe I'll even hit Kamp K2 since it'll be basically free.

50,000 points on Southwest is pretty good is that enough for two free tickets? I don't fly SW too often, I know they have points instead of miles never really knew how many points are needed for a free flight.

I got the Delta Skymiles card when I was booking the flight on Delta.com (I wanted only wanted non stop to SLC since the times allow you to ride day of arrival and departure) and they gave me a $100 credit for the airfare which lowered it to $250, and you get zone 2 boarding and free checked bags for your entire party, plus 30,000 miles.They also waive the yearly fee the first year so card doesn't cost anything up front.

50,000 points if you pick the correct flights is good enough for 4-5 flights or two round trips to utah anyway. If you can fly the cheapest flights to utah the lowest i have seen them recently is about 8500 points.

Edited by Dan-

• 2 weeks later...

I've picked up a couple things as I continue to learn how to layer properly... Picked up a merino wool base layer, an under armour light weight fleece, a burton heavy weight fleece, and 3 pairs of smart wool socks... I also got a new pair of smith goggles with interchangeable lenses for low light use...