First Gear Purchase for 2011/2012 Season

Ride Delaware ?

just picked off a pair of these for junior for his birthday

nordica dead money Dimensions: 121/86/110 Radius: 17

NORDDEADMONEY11!NORD-2208.jpg

skis came yesterday, look pretty sweet! gonna take em over to buckmans today to have the bindings swapped - question, center or traditional mount or somewhere in between?

kid skis all over the mountain, in the park - mostly jumps, starting to spin a little, some boxes/rails, been hitting the bumps hard lately - i think he's determined to kick my ass there. i'm thinking traditional/all mountain. the other thing is the nx12's are demo's so i think could slide them up if he ever wanted by taking the bsl differnce.

• Like 1

is kt still on the 78 ski? just saw the lineup.

distorter and serial looking good with those numbers. would love to get on some distorters.

415056.jpeg&size=600x564

pic works in editor but doesnt show up. wtf coding

last time I skied with him (week or two ago), I'm pretty sure he was on last year's Distorters 87. I drink a lot, though....

last time I skied with him (week or two ago), I'm pretty sure he was on last year's Distorters 87. I drink a lot, though....

yup, you were drunk. kid swears by the skinny sticks. i don't get it, but it works, seeing as how he regularly murders the competition. even 87 seems narrow to me now.

• 4 weeks later...

FKS or P series but the later is hard to find.

you mean like the old p10/12/14? i liked em at the time, but honestly, that heel skis like crap compared to the fks/pivot or px heel. also, the p series still had the old narrow afd, and on a ski as wide as the 94, you're gonna want something with a meaty afd to get power to the edges. px14 racing would be a great binding on that ski. i know evo had them stupid cheap a little while back.

you mean like the old p10/12/14? i liked em at the time, but honestly, that heel skis like crap compared to the fks/pivot or px heel. also, the p series still had the old narrow afd, and on a ski as wide as the 94, you're gonna want something with a meaty afd to get power to the edges. px14 racing would be a great binding on that ski. i know evo had them stupid cheap a little while back.

i love my px15 racings...the 14s feel so cheap in comparison.

• 3 months later...

Finally pulled the trigger and bought a house after the one in November fell thru. Closing was last Friday, we just got back today after 5 days of unpacking, shopping, and earning my 4th degree black belt in Ikea Jiu Jitsu. Managed to get a canoe trip in down the Winooski River on Sunday, then back to the grind of making lists, measuring rooms and other house related stuff. Needless to say, I'm stoked and broke.

few pix from the yard.

post-2366-0-88666400-1340243411_thumb.jpg

post-2366-0-87628400-1340243488_thumb.jpg

The pups approved and were in Nirvana exploring the wooded areas and sniffing new butts.

post-2366-0-82473200-1340243608_thumb.jpg

So this was either my last gear purchase of 2011/2012 or my first gear purchase of 2012/2013.

• Like 3

Very nice!!! I just want some new goggles..maybe a fleece..jacket..helmet..skis..and some tinnies. Wait is this the Xmas wish list thread??

Amazing place, Moe! Hope you enjoy company (hint hint).

beautiful place man. i'm good at keeping empty beds warm on cold winter nights...

Congrats Moe, place looks great. I forgot how green grass can look. Color of grass out here is a yellowish brown.

Fucking ill dude!!

When you mentioned it on TGR I wondered what it looked like

Way to make the rest of us look like lazy fucks, I sat on the beach all summer getting fat, Moe buys a sweet house...lol

Thanks, y'all. hopefully we'll get a few of you up there this season.

Edited by moe ghoul
  • Like 1

neat place moe....in the same vecinity as the other house?

This one's in Jeffersonville, a few minutes from Smuggs. The other place was in Cambridge, about 10 miles away. The one we bid on in November is still up for sale and they raised the price on it, lulz. Good luck with that. The woman turned out to be a bit of a whack job, which was confirmed by the realtor we had been using who lives near her. We actually bid on another house that was listed by the same realtor but those sellers had their heads up their asses as well. They weren't sure if the bid was enough to pay off their debt, they we're wondering how they could access IRA's, they had to find another place to buy, blah, blah, blah....so when that bid expired, I called the sellers of the house (For Sale by Owner) we bought the same day the other offer expired, made a verbal offer, they accepted, drafted the sales agreement and addenda the next day, and we closed within 6 weeks. The sellers were a younger couple that decided to sell everything and take their dog and their Airstream trailer cross country for a few years. Perfect sellers. Even left a bunch of stuff for us. Very smooth transaction.