I like trains!!! Train thread...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

17 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Amtrak cancelling long distance routes in anticipation of the freight train strike

I hope the Jim Thorpe railway doesn't go on strike. I wanna fly over the Lehigh River on Saturday and maybe catch some live Choo choo action on my GoPro.

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I hope the Jim Thorpe railway doesn't go on strike. I wanna fly over the Lehigh River on Saturday and maybe catch some live Choo choo action on my GoPro.

Always wanted to do a low level Ultralight run through the gorge , although there is one yuge high tension line that crosses it a little north east of Glen Onoko . 

Almost leaf peeping season when those New Yorkers migrate west and jam traffic in JIm Thorpe. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Always wanted to do a low level Ultralight run through the gorge , although there is one yuge high tension line that crosses it a little north east of Glen Onoko . 

Almost leaf peeping season when those New Yorkers migrate west and jam traffic in JIm Thorpe. 

If I fly the gorge, I'll be staying 500 feet or higher AGL. Thanks for letting me know about the tension line, those can be a little scary.

19 hours ago, C1erArt said:

Looks like Warren Buffet and the railroads didn’t want to take on Dark Biden. 

It'll be interesting come the 27 when the "deal" goes to the rail workers for a vote.

I know some rail workers and they're not happy with the deal, as it doesn't address the needs that they wanted addressed, mainly work/life balance. 

What's likely to happen is that the workers will vote no and say they're gonna strike, which will be sent back to congress who'll say FU, no strike, get back to work, you get what you get.  Warren Buffet and other railroad execs will win in the end.

Will be interesting to watch the chess game play out.

7 hours ago, indiggio said:

It'll be interesting come the 27 when the "deal" goes to the rail workers for a vote.

I know some rail workers and they're not happy with the deal, as it doesn't address the needs that they wanted addressed, mainly work/life balance. 

What's likely to happen is that the workers will vote no and say they're gonna strike, which will be sent back to congress who'll say FU, no strike, get back to work, you get what you get.  Warren Buffet and other railroad execs will win in the end.

Will be interesting to watch the chess game play out.

The points system for time off sounds pretty horrific for workers. 

• Like 2