I like trains!!! Train thread...

I like it because it's about where I grew up. 

I'm not particularly smart. Just educated to a limited extent. 

I didn't mean it like personally towards you I was just saying in general....its like catcher in the rye, decent enough book but most people just read it because lots of other people said it was super dope

• Like 1

The Great Gatsby is the worst book people pretend to like to seem smart lol

Melville’s Moby Dick was impenetrable for me - hated it ( except the non-esoteric shit of actually catching a whale).

Catcher in the rye I liked. Considering it was published in the early 50’s it was pretty rowdy.

James Fenimore Cooper’s Last of the Mohicans is fuckin kick ass! Once you get used to the early 19th century syntax it’s a non-stop action thriller with some of the worlds best bad ass characters (on both sides). Got everything; great fight scenes, ripping story line and young hotties with jungle fever. Almost always available in my library. Damn, time to stop there on the way home and reread it again!

• Like 1

I like David Eggers novels I used to like Judy Blume as a kid..Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and Super Fudge were great. The Pizza Hut Book It program got me hooked on personal Pan pizzas.

I read the circle by Dave Eggers and thought it was pretty good, although I was embarrassed that it had a "high school summer reading" sticker on the sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canterbury Tales and Lord of the Flies are my favorite high school reads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my finest high school moments was when I chose Robin Hood as my summer read but instead watched the movie "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves" with Kevin Costner (in lieu of the book) and wondering how the fuck I bombed that test.
  • Like 1

I don't think I've been to the Allentown library in about 15 years. When I became a skier I read every skiing book they had. Even memorized the vertical drops of about 700 ski areas.

I never had to do any summer reading or school projects over the summer.

My grandfather was a big book collecter as well as sheet music. He had a library with over 6,000 books in his house all organized by his own system and in the basement were hundreds of filing cabinets filled with sheet music. At one time he had the largest individual sheet music collection in North America. He ended up donating some of his collection to the muhlenberg college library and for years my mom had a mail order business called OSM old sheet music where she'd sell my grandfathers sheet music to collectors. My cousin now has my of my grandfathers books in his house.

My grandfather wrote an autobiography called Fragments when he was about 80 and it was distributed to family and friends...

On the book topic my sister has a series of children's books that she sells on amazon. Sheryl Sandburg the COO of Facebook is likely her most famous customer and she wrote my sister a nice email.

• Like 1

My great uncle wrote a couple books about New Mexico/family history that you can find on amazon. His wife wrote a kick ass New Mexican cookbook too.

Sorry, just realized this is the trains thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk