Zee Lights

skifreak

I’m the same as you big boulder doesn’t excite me maybe if big boulder park was open with zero features. That’s a legit light black run 

Boulder Park run or Love Park in mid to late November, before everyone else opens, would be a godsend. I think they opened Love 4 or 5 years ago along with freedom and Tannenbaum and it was so damn good.

Why?  

Because it's five inches of natural. That'll compact to about an inch of base depth. Then it'll melt for a few days before the snowguns turn back on. No area around here will open on such a slim margin that one inch of base depth makes it or breaks it.

Also, the meltwater is going to soak the ground. Dry ground holds manmade better than sloppy wet, but this part probably doesn't change much either - again, there wasn't enough to really move the needle.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If I was blue I would have gathered truckloads of snow from the entire mountain and put it on easy out vista midway and Main Street. Maybe enough for a bonk yard on come around. 

The snow is relevant for getting people excited about skiing. 

I wasn't talking about Blue. You said "future ski area openings." I don't think its beyond reason to think that the 10+ inches of snow that fell at Montage, laying on top of snow they already made when Blue didn't, will help that snow survive until they can blow again leading to an opening earlier than otherwise

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I wasn't talking about Blue. You said "future ski area openings." I don't think its beyond reason to think that the 10+ inches of snow that fell at Montage, laying on top of snow they already made when Blue didn't, will help that snow survive until they can blow again leading to an opening earlier than otherwise

This is where i was going when i asked “why”.  I think this helps montage and camel as far as trails they blew on. 

Then any snow blue might be able to make before tuesday night is irrelevant too?  

18 minutes ago, IceEidolon said:

Because it's five inches of natural. That'll compact to about an inch of base depth. Then it'll melt for a few days before the snowguns turn back on. No area around here will open on such a slim margin that one inch of base depth makes it or breaks it.

Also, the meltwater is going to soak the ground. Dry ground holds manmade better than sloppy wet, but this part probably doesn't change much either - again, there wasn't enough to really move the needle.

Correct 

28 minutes ago, IceEidolon said:

Also, the meltwater is going to soak the ground. Dry ground holds manmade better than sloppy wet, 

It rains every 3 days around these parts nowadays, and has been doing that for months now. Manmade is going to need to learn how to stick to wet ground. 

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m the same as you big boulder doesn’t excite me maybe if big boulder park was open with zero features. That’s a legit light black run 

Soft like charmin, HTFU and day trip Hunter next weekend.

Edited by antman12

5 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Soft like charmin, HTFU and day trip Hunter next weekend.

Hah I’ve put in 50-70+ days a season every year since I could drive I’m good. Been there done that driving 400 miles round trip for WROD...I’m taking third trip out west to make up for not skiing BB. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

18 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

i think montage posted 10 inches on their site.  if no blue next week but CB opens, ill got to CB.  if no blue or cb but montage, ill have a decision to make.  i really dont wanna drive the extra distance for a limited montage (i like montage when northface is open), but anything there will be more vert than BB

Dropped kid off in Wilkes-Barre last night, it was snowing up there around 9pm, so Montage got some more.

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

Hunter or Belleayre seems to be in our future.  Long drive for two trails, but oh well....

I’m not giving up hope for a chance at Blue for Root Friday. Tuesday night to Thursday looks awfully cold round the clock snowmaking.  Could be a Saturday opening to give them an extra day.  Now next weekend the dreaded R word is in the forecast but it’s a long way out so could change. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hah I’ve put in 50-70+ days a season every year since I could drive I’m good. Been there done that driving 400 miles round trip for WROD...I’m taking third trip out west to make up for not skiing BB. 

It's about 320 round trip from blue.  About the same for me in c.nj.

But going to CO is clearly the better plan.  Sounds like they are have a great Nov.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m not giving up hope for a chance at Blue for Root Friday. Tuesday night to Thursday looks awfully cold round the clock snowmaking.  Could be a Saturday opening to give them an extra day.  Now next weekend the dreaded R word is in the forecast but it’s a long way out so could change. 

hope so.  we're planning on saturday anyway.  So much close for similar WRODs...