Zee Lights

skifreak

blue seems to get larger weekday crowds than camelback. The few times I made Wednesday morning last season I saw lift lines and was like "why did I wake up early for this?"

I feel like blue isnt busy on weekday mornings but weekday afternoons can be busy. It's tough for me not to be there for the fresh cord

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I'm surprised at how busy blue is on weekday mornings. Not even a point of going up in the morning, probably just as many people there as an afternoon

Morning is better for smoother conditions and empty early runs. Alot of the weekday people don't have jobs. I'm gonna be up as much as I can weekdays this season.

If blue opens with just valley school west I'll come up and hang in lot and leave my ski gear at home. The shit is becoming comical...guns are already shut off five overnights with some snowmaking just a few patches on home stretch. Lower Main Street looks good though. Maybe they can build a stunt ditch on there.

The last 3 seasons were 12/15ish to 3/15ish

In 2012 BC opened December 30th but that was also a terrible start for Blue. Vista only in early December and then shutdown for three weeks and vista only when they reopened December 26th.

Belleayre reopening tomorrow same terrain as last weekend.

Bottom line, if you aren't starting your skison by this weekend, you don't want it that bad :-)

I'd rather spend the time and cash to travel in mid winter and in april when lots of terrain is open than drive 3+ hours for one trail at Belleayre. I've been there done that with travelling far for a white ribbon of death. I'm not tripping. I'm planning on 18-20 days total out west this season. I can wait a few more weeks for Blue to open. Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3