Zee Lights

skifreak

Oh right this is the boycott skiing until Blue opens the valley triple and maybe a tubing run so they don't have to refund your pass and can get some xmas week $ page.

I'll take 1600 feet of WROD over that.

I'm just saying for years and years I would ski up north on WROD before blue would open and I got tired of the drive and the crowds so I'd rather just wait for blue to open and take a third trip out west later this season to makeup for the dismal start. Blue isnt gonna just open with the valley triple...and if they don't open XMAS week no pass refunds. They have no guarentee on their season pass it is the risk you take buying a pass.

Once Blue opens I can ski there everyday...there is not a day during the ski season I can't ski...so these couple weeks with no skiing isn't bothering me...

Bottom line, if you aren't starting your skison by this weekend, you don't want it that bad :-)

Personally, this is the dumbest statement i have heard today.  I work with quite a few special people, so, congratulations.  I applaud you for going to Killington last weekend, (still, no pics, btw) and i guess congrats for heading to Bell this weekend are in order.  Did it ever really occur to you that nobody on the east coast really has any terrain open that many are willing to travel for?  I would sure like to go skiing, but really i cant justify the drive to go ski the limited trails they have open.  I want to go to ski Vermont, NY, and for that matter out west, when i can go dashing through the trees, and play in some terrain that isnt offered here locally.  Right now i dont see any of that terrain open on the east coast.  Skiing trails can only keep me occupied for so long.  

And your other statement, earlier,  "Killington was better last weekend than Blue on its best day."  Have you ever skied Blue on a true powder day?  I know that doesnt happen in PA that often, but Blue with some fresh stuff is a completely different experience.  The one day in Feb of 2013 was just off the charts. So, i'm going to have to disagree with your statement.  I think Blue Mountain is better on a powder day than what you skied on at Killington (again, no pics) last weekend.  

I'd rather spend the time and cash to travel in mid winter and in april when lots of terrain is open than drive 3+ hours for one trail at Belleayre. I've been there done that with travelling far for a white ribbon of death. I'm not tripping. I'm planning on 18-20 days total out west this season. I can wait a few more weeks for Blue to open.

I agree with this.  I think i have the opportunity to make 2 trips out west this year, so i'm not real concerned with some early season turns on limited terrain that require alot of travel.  it doesnt work out logistically for me.  Individual results may vary though.  My job is so flexible in the winter that i can get things done now, and take additional days when i really want to.  

• Like 2

Personally, this is the dumbest statement i have heard today. I work with quite a few special people, so, congratulations. I applaud you for going to Killington last weekend, (still, no pics, btw) and i guess congrats for heading to Bell this weekend are in order. Did it ever really occur to you that nobody on the east coast really has any terrain open that many are willing to travel for? I would sure like to go skiing, but really i cant justify the drive to go ski the limited trails they have open. I want to go to ski Vermont, NY, and for that matter out west, when i can go dashing through the trees, and play in some terrain that isnt offered here locally. Right now i dont see any of that terrain open on the east coast. Skiing trails can only keep me occupied for so long.

And your other statement, earlier, "Killington was better last weekend than Blue on its best day." Have you ever skied Blue on a true powder day? I know that doesnt happen in PA that often, but Blue with some fresh stuff is a completely different experience. The one day in Feb of 2013 was just off the charts. So, i'm going to have to disagree with your statement. I think Blue Mountain is better on a powder day than what you skied on at Killington (again, no pics) last weekend.

I agree with this. I think i have the opportunity to make 2 trips out west this year, so i'm not real concerned with some early season turns on limited terrain that require alot of travel. it doesnt work out logistically for me. Individual results may vary though. My job is so flexible in the winter that i can get things done now, and take additional days when i really want to.

aa83bfce9500fb8dab420a84db17895d.jpg

• Like 2

Don't tend to take pix while skiing, unless with kids and taking pix of them, sorry.

Skied Blue on a real powder day? Hard to say for sure as I have been skiing there 35 years. But I don't have any distinct memories of that. Fresh snow days sure, but it is most often that heavy eastern snow not the light powder that Utah gets.

And sure K got scraped off by the end of the day, but the trail off Skye was to me better than anything Blue has to offer, had ample snow and soft bumps through late AM and no lift line whatsoever.

Not actually going to Belleayre this weekend as I would be skiing with kids this weekend and think the combination of the terrain they are opening and crowds they will be getting will not suit my kids.

Just trying to build some stoke and encourage the rest of you to get out on the snow rather than hang out here all December pondering whether the local hill will refund your passes or open a bunny hill to avoid doing so.

I agree with this.  I think i have the opportunity to make 2 trips out west this year, so i'm not real concerned with some early season turns on limited terrain that require alot of travel.  it doesnt work out logistically for me.  Individual results may vary though.  My job is so flexible in the winter that i can get things done now, and take additional days when i really want to.  

Dan the man where is trip # going to be? 

I got 12 vacation days I have to use by years end or loose them. Fly rods are put away so hello killi

You gonna be able to use em all. There's barely 11 work days left this year. I've only used two days since April but this winter will be off alot I'm not planning on working many full weeks.

Yeah, that might be the single best GoPro footy on Blue mountain....evahr

It's the talent......single best blue day ever hopefully at least one more before I die.......

This is the payment for the last two years which were about as good as PA gets. It will get cold, Blue will open, we will drink beer and ski we just got to get it in with a few less weeks.....I mean eventually the sun angle gets so shitty it has to be cold......

• Like 2

When you going to use those?

Pretty much taking off from the 18th on. Can wrap any unused during 1st week of January too as long as contiguous. I'm gonna be the wrod king with this extended leave. I'm easily entertained so it's all good.

On a different topic, is this the longest blue mnt thread?

• Like 1