Big news from Blue

RidgeRacer

21 hours ago, Benm said:

i went to try and snag bmrresort.com but it was registered Apr 2021.

Blue Mountain registered "blue mountain resort homes" as a fictitious name. So, if you want to snag a site - it's for sale, @Benmhttps://www.godaddy.com/domainsearch/find?checkAvail=1&domainToCheck=bluemountainresorthomes

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Blue Mountain registered "blue mountain resort homes" as a fictitious name. So, if you want to snag a site - it's for sale, @Benmhttps://www.godaddy.com/domainsearch/find?checkAvail=1&domainToCheck=bluemountainresorthomes

not seeing value in that one but thanks for the heads up. they registered at least 3 entities in DE - BMR Resort, LLC, Blue Mountain Resort, LLC and BMR Operations, LLC.

on the news this AM, the natgas pipeline that was supposed to go through carbon county has been put off indefinitely by penneast and they are exploring other options (maybe another route, who knows). but it doesn't sound like anything's happening sometime soon. condos might be slightly delayed another 5 years.

this was the proposed route... 

unrelated, i was looking at the GIS and all of the land to the left of where you drive into the summit lot is owned by blue mtn waterpark ltd partnership. deeded 2009, i guess they abandoned that tho.

blue-gas.png

Edited by Benm

12 minutes ago, Benm said:

on the news this AM, the natgas pipeline that was supposed to go through carbon county has been put off indefinitely by penneast and they are exploring other options (maybe another route, who knows). but it doesn't sound like anything's happening sometime soon. condos might be slightly delayed another 5 years.

unrelated, i was looking at the GIS and all of the land to the left of where you drive into the summit lot is owned by blue mtn waterpark ltd partnership. deeded 2009, i guess they abandoned that tho.

blue-gas.png

Yes the water park was almost a go. The entire upper lot entrance was re done for that very reason. Then, like so many other blue projects, nada.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benm said:

blue-gas.png

I saw that too.  i was searching around on Carbon Counties website, there are some parcels owned by BM waterpark, and there are still about 12 or so parcels still owned by The Tuthill Corp.  I cant quite figure out what those are, if they really have anything to do with the land the resort sits on, or if its just some left over land that was acquired along the way.  i thought i read there were 33 parcels that were involved in the sale, but without really knowing the parcel id #'s for the actual land that Blue Mt sits on, im stuck at that.  i searched for BMR and the likes, but havent come up with any parcels owned by them.  The one article says the deeds of the sale were like July 13th, so i think they would have been recorded by now.  

7 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I saw that too.  i was searching around on Carbon Counties website, there are some parcels owned by BM waterpark, and there are still about 12 or so parcels still owned by The Tuthill Corp.  I cant quite figure out what those are, if they really have anything to do with the land the resort sits on, or if its just some left over land that was acquired along the way.  i thought i read there were 33 parcels that were involved in the sale, but without really knowing the parcel id #'s for the actual land that Blue Mt sits on, im stuck at that.  i searched for BMR and the likes, but havent come up with any parcels owned by them.  The one article says the deeds of the sale were like July 13th, so i think they would have been recorded by now.  

I remember somebody putting together a map of all of their property that was owned by Tuthill in that area. It was a huge amount of land that was on both sides of BM drive and extended down to the creek and out to the power line cut east.

24 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

The one article says the deeds of the sale were like July 13th, so i think they would have been recorded by now.  

carbon's last GIS update says Jul 9 (shown on the white left pane), so probably isn't reflected yet.

i'm sure they have some weird lots, but searches gave me this number min (29)

'tuthill' - 12
'blue mountain' - 1
'blue mtn' - 16

Edited by Benm

4 minutes ago, Benm said:

carbon's last GIS update says Jul 9 (shown on the white left pane), so probably isn't reflected yet.

I wonder if the parcels across the road and that little hill were transferred over to BMR LLC? 

Also, it mentioned that Tuthill Corp still owns and operates the sewage treatment plant. Is that near the snowmaking pond? If not I have no idea where that is. 

5 minutes ago, Schif said:

I wonder if the parcels across the road and that little hill were transferred over to BMR LLC? 

Also, it mentioned that Tuthill Corp still owns and operates the sewage treatment plant. Is that near the snowmaking pond? If not I have no idea where that is. 

this is everything containing tuthill (Tuthill Corp, Tuthill Corp The, Tuthill Corporation) (12)

everything adjacent to it except the bottom left of the image (BM waterpark) looks like privately owned lots based on the names.

tut.png

Edited by Benm

5 minutes ago, Benm said:

this is everything containing tuthill (Tuthill Corp, Tuthill Corp The, Tuthill Corporation) (12)

everything adjacent to it except the bottom left of the image (BM waterpark) looks like privately owned lots based on the names.

tut.png

It is my understanding that Aquashicola Corp or whatever is also part of the the Tuthil Corp… which would include this:

F7BD8A01-5B0A-4685-A530-E886FB0F6C39.jpeg

7 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

It is my understanding that Aquashicola Corp or whatever is also part of the the Tuthil Corp… which would include this:

sounds right. the largest lot to the top left has the owner as -- 

Aquashicola Little Gap Inc
% R C Tuthill
P O Box 216
Palmerton PA 18071

with that, i've tallied 31. the other two are prob random lots.

Edited by Benm

6 minutes ago, Benm said:

tut.png

Very informative.  so, yeah, the deeds havent been recorded yet.  Basically the Tuthill stuff is the majority of the resort, then obviously the land up to the summit parking lots is the BM water park stuff.  

13 minutes ago, Schif said:

I wonder why they never went through the process of reverse subdividing and made life easier for everyone by having fewer parcels. 

it might be for tax reasons.  i know where my house is in the Poconos, the taxes on an unimproved lot are peanuts.  i was told by friends that own a few lots, like to either side of their home, that making them one parcel, will make the entire parcel "improved" vs, (1) 1/2 acre lot with a house, and (2) unimproved lots.  A friend of mine has been collecting the land surrounding his home for quite some time now, most of them he got for nothing at the delinquent tax sales.  He lives at the end of a short col de sac, and has aqquired most of the land on the street.  we call it "Rays Way".  i have no idea what the street is actually called.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

it might be for tax reasons.  i know where my house is in the Poconos, the taxes on an unimproved lot are peanuts.  i was told by friends that own a few lots, like to either side of their home, that making them one parcel, will make the entire parcel "improved" vs, (1) 1/2 acre lot with a house, and (2) unimproved lots.  A friend of mine has been collecting the land surrounding his home for quite some time now, most of them he got for nothing at the delinquent tax sales.  He lives at the end of a short col de sac, and has aqquired most of the land on the street.  we call it "Rays Way".  i have no idea what the street is actually called.  

This makes so much sense! Thanks!

On 8/11/2021 at 8:57 AM, Benm said:

tut.png

The snowmaking pond looks more like Michigan than a dong in that pic.

14 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

@Benm blue owns a lot more than that picture ... somewhere deep in the archives i did a very exhaustive search and posted a picture from CC's GIS. They own a lot of land to the west, in the valley.

yeah toast pointed out what you might be talking about.