Big news from Blue

RidgeRacer

4 minutes ago, Benm said:

Got some of the ingredients earlier. Going back tomorrow for the rest omw back from droppin skis off. 

Passed on the pickle juice, wtf. 

IMG_20211123_1716064.jpg

lol.

Pickle juice is actually quite good for muscle recovery because it is high Mg, K, Na. I can't see a reason to consume other than that haha

Edited by toast21602
sp

37 minutes ago, Benm said:

Got some of the ingredients earlier. Going back tomorrow for the rest omw back from droppin skis off. 

Passed on the pickle juice, wtf. 

IMG_20211123_1716064.jpg

Still drink pickle juice regularly after hockey games. Helps astronomically with muscle recovery as @toast21602 said and keeps you from getting sore the next morning. 

it’s also a little easier to consume after a few post game beers. 

8 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Weekday opening means playing hooky from work.....

Correct.  A Friday opening would be nice.  Not as crowded and a bit later start time for them to work out the kinks. Since my Colorado trip in April..I haven’t missed work other than weekends and national holidays at all...I’m looking forward to a light at the end of that tunnel.  

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I would not be surprised to see an opening next Thursday or Friday..

I was thinking Friday was a lock. Maybe thurs. 

What do you think about midweek after that? I don't really know blues protocol yet for that sort of thing. 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

black friday sales up - https://www.skibluemt.com/upcoming-events/black-fridaycyber-monday/

everything is useless unless you want to buy gift cards ahead to save 10% on next year's pass

That’s a good discount on the adventure camp assuming it still includes lift tickets like the $369 regular price does. I might buy that for The Boy since his pass doesn’t kick in early enough on the weekends for any of the sessions this year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 11:47 PM, enjoralas said:

That link said I was successfully registered after I logged in. That $25 lesson add on is interesting as shit. It makes me choose a group affiliation and when I click on it the only option is Spring Garden Ski Club so I'm guessing I just registered to your kid's school? LOL

Checked the calendar and it looks like you can buy a $25 group lesson any weeknight at 4 or 6 pm. Interesting.

I didn’t realize these passes were actually distributed through the school and missed a bunch of emails about sending a headshot and everything. I wonder if this is going to be a big pain in the ass now, and the fact that my kid doesn’t actually go there is going to be an issue

In case anyone plans on getting food midweek, I tried to get food from the top lodge caf tonight and it was closed. A nice employee informed me they will not have it open Monday - Wednesday all year which is a bummer. She was unsure when the outside food place would open but told me to go to Last Run Lounge since they had a full menu. Went over there and was informed they only had chili, lobster bisque, and soft pretzels. I was trying to get a quick burger or chicken sandwich so I hope this isn’t the situation all year. Could have checked Slopeside but we went back skiing and just grabbed food on the way home.

• Sad 1