Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Park city ? Are you high ? I'm not judging but Park City is like the worst  mtn in UT and my cousins wife has a big ass house on the hill and we still went other places. Jup is ok but it's advanced meadow skipping. If you go to UT at least get in the canyons, Brighton is a fucking gem if you know where to go, it holds snow forever. Solly is it's slightly more popular neighbor with excellent trees and pow pow. LCC do I even have to type anything out ? The bird is the fucking word. You ain't never ridden something like Hidden Canyon at Brighton or mineral at the bird. Park City is a slightly taller VT, it's conjoined twin the Canyons is really VT outside of 9990. I know you've seen there pretty sweet parks in mags and shit but are you really going to UT to ride park 24/7 ? The answer to that question should unequivocally be no, you want to get utarted with the kind of snow that is so fucking deep you seriously consider quitting your job and just never going home. The kind of diamond dust that blows up under your helmet, were 20ft cliff drops to bonk is a pooof.

UT would be

1.Bird

2. Brighton

3. Snowbasin

4. Solly

5. Alta

6. Pow Mow (much higher if the snow is right)

7. Deer Valley (higher if your mom is going and doesn't want to carry her skis)

8. Brians Head

9. Park City/Sundance

Your actual best bet would be to hit up Barb on CB. Crusty butt will check if you have the skills to pay the bills. That hill is steep, almost the bird kinda consistently steep, the town is fucking dope, that thai place is legit, the vibe is awesome and you have somebody offering you a legit hook up to keep those bills down. If you rip big fucking arcs down Bannana and that ain't enough for you well then jackson is a logical step up. Plus CB you can drive to other hills in the area.

That's just my useless two cents but Park City ? You gotta be sniffing glue.

 

will all due respect, you are being way too harsh and over dramatic on PC.  to say PC is like VT is just plain false

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

 

will all due respect, you are being way too harsh and over dramatic on PC.  to say PC is like VT is just plain false

Antman said he’s going to Jackson hole.  I know Indiggio was at PC for a week two years ago and he had a blast but it was Perder Murder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

 

will all due respect, you are being way too harsh and over dramatic on PC.  to say PC is like VT is just plain false

Are you calling #FakeNews on JohnnyLaw?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

im calling a difference of opinion

There are two people whose opinion I trust most when it comes to skiing....myself and VTMark...but JohnnyLaw is a close third.  If JohnnyLaw says it's VT...it must be VT.  He fucking loves VT almost as much as I do.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Antman said he’s going to Jackson hole.  I know Indiggio was at PC for a week two years ago and he had a blast but it was Perder Murder

Yeah, we got some good snow on that trip which will make pretty much anywhere a lot of fun, but overall PC is pretty disappointing compared to Alta and Snowbird, IMO.

Personally I wouldn't go to Utah to do PC again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

Park city ? Are you high ? I'm not judging but Park City is like the worst  mtn in UT and my cousins wife has a big ass house on the hill and we still went other places. Jup is ok but it's advanced meadow skipping. If you go to UT at least get in the canyons, Brighton is a fucking gem if you know where to go, it holds snow forever. Solly is it's slightly more popular neighbor with excellent trees and pow pow. LCC do I even have to type anything out ? The bird is the fucking word. You ain't never ridden something like Hidden Canyon at Brighton or mineral at the bird. Park City is a slightly taller VT, it's conjoined twin the Canyons is really VT outside of 9990. I know you've seen there pretty sweet parks in mags and shit but are you really going to UT to ride park 24/7 ? The answer to that question should unequivocally be no, you want to get utarted with the kind of snow that is so fucking deep you seriously consider quitting your job and just never going home. The kind of diamond dust that blows up under your helmet, were 20ft cliff drops to bonk is a pooof.

UT would be

1.Bird

2. Brighton

3. Snowbasin

4. Solly

5. Alta

6. Pow Mow (much higher if the snow is right)

7. Deer Valley (higher if your mom is going and doesn't want to carry her skis)

8. Brians Head

9. Park City/Sundance

Your actual best bet would be to hit up Barb on CB. Crusty butt will check if you have the skills to pay the bills. That hill is steep, almost the bird kinda consistently steep, the town is fucking dope, that thai place is legit, the vibe is awesome and you have somebody offering you a legit hook up to keep those bills down. If you rip big fucking arcs down Bannana and that ain't enough for you well then jackson is a logical step up. Plus CB you can drive to other hills in the area.

That's just my useless two cents but Park City ? You gotta be sniffing glue.

Which way is the park?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about driving to other hills from CB.  Closest would be Monarch and that is 90 minutes.  Telluride is about 3.5 hours.  But yeah, hit me up TP4 if you have questions.  They just opened the high lift last week ( not terrain I have or probably would try).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Barb said:

I don't know about driving to other hills from CB.  Closest would be Monarch and that is 90 minutes.  Telluride is about 3.5 hours.  But yeah, hit me up TP4 if you have questions.  They just opened the high lift last week ( not terrain I have or probably would try).  

I think this is about Antman.  When’s your first trip this season to CB?  Are you doing a girls trip with the blonde that wears the horse head??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

 

will all due respect, you are being way too harsh and over dramatic on PC.  to say PC is like VT is just plain false

Of course I am, its more fun that way but there is an element of truth.  The bottom of the caynons resort looks like VT. Parts of Park City ski like VT, short blips and then meandering. PC is a world class hill surrounded by even better world class hills. I know he's going to Jackson he told us Sunday. But if someone else was going to UT just to go to PC i sure hope somebody would have said hey this is pretty amazing but it's waaaay more interesting like 30 mins that way.

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

Are you calling #FakeNews on JohnnyLaw?!?

52 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, we got some good snow on that trip which will make pretty much anywhere a lot of fun, but overall PC is pretty disappointing compared to Alta and Snowbird, IMO.

Personally I wouldn't go to Utah to do PC again.

That's all I'm saying but the spicy version lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PC is mediocre for Utah. That being said, we are skiing even more mellow deer valley. Specifically to stop at the St. Regis for a $25 Old Fashioned and a dude down the funicular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

PC is mediocre for Utah. That being said, we are skiing even more mellow deer valley. Specifically to stop at the St. Regis for a $25 Old Fashioned and a dude down the funicular. 

I hope you have a coupon, they are more than $25 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

I hope you have a coupon, they are more than $25 

Jeff is buying. Doesn’t matter. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think this is about Antman.  When’s your first trip this season to CB?  Are you doing a girls trip with the blonde that wears the horse head??

Ant man, TP4, whoever wants to stay fine by me. My Ouray trip is 1/24-1/27. I blocked out a few days before that in CB to break up the drive. Long ass drive to Ouray. And yes, the “blonde” will be there. She was with me on Jones Pass the other day too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smuggs is 7" shy of JH snow totals this year. True story. Might surpass it by tomorrow. Best VT january since I moved up here.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up an Empire card. Seems like a no brainier if you're skiing WF, Gore, Belle

 

 

AGES: 20 & UP  |  $99

 

1st day FREE at Whiteface

 

50% OFF window tickets Monday - Friday (non-holiday) at Whiteface, Gore & Belleayre

 

25% OFF window tickets weekends & holidays at Whiteface, Gore & Belleayre

 

Every 6th visit is FREE at Whiteface, Gore or Belleayre

 

Bring a friend on any non-holiday Tuesday or Thursday, and they'll get 25% OFF their 1-day lift ticket

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, moe ghoul said:

Smuggs is 7" shy of JH snow totals this year. True story. Might surpass it by tomorrow. Best VT january since I moved up here.

They’re now 1” ahead..how much snow do you have down in your yard??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Picked up an Empire card. Seems like a no brainier if you're skiing WF, Gore, Belle

 

 

AGES: 20 & UP  |  $99

 

1st day FREE at Whiteface

 

50% OFF window tickets Monday - Friday (non-holiday) at Whiteface, Gore & Belleayre

 

25% OFF window tickets weekends & holidays at Whiteface, Gore & Belleayre

 

Every 6th visit is FREE at Whiteface, Gore or Belleayre

 

Bring a friend on any non-holiday Tuesday or Thursday, and they'll get 25% OFF their 1-day lift ticket

 

 

 

 

When are you going to Whiteface?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Picked up an Empire card. Seems like a no brainier if you're skiing WF, Gore, Belle

 

 

AGES: 20 & UP  |  $99

 

1st day FREE at Whiteface

 

50% OFF window tickets Monday - Friday (non-holiday) at Whiteface, Gore & Belleayre

 

25% OFF window tickets weekends & holidays at Whiteface, Gore & Belleayre

 

Every 6th visit is FREE at Whiteface, Gore or Belleayre

 

Bring a friend on any non-holiday Tuesday or Thursday, and they'll get 25% OFF their 1-day lift ticket

 

 

 

 

I've been thinking about that for next season at Belle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They’re now 1” ahead..how much snow do you have down in your yard??

Over my knees. I have to plow out trails for the dogs in the back yard. Heading out shortly for some non stop deepness......JADIP

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've been thinking about that for next season at Belle.


That first day free at WF is key since a lift ticket there costs $91 or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×