2020-21 Blue Opening Day Stoke Thread!!!

saltyant

48 minutes ago, saltyant said:

When I started skiing in 2015, I thought it was surprisingly affordable. Not as expensive as I thought it would be. I'd ski Montage at night for like 20 bucks or something. Now with limited supply and increased demand, prices will continue to skyrocket and it is becoming a richie rich type activity.

in reality, it always has been.

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

When I started skiing in 2015, I thought it was surprisingly affordable. Not as expensive as I thought it would be. I'd ski Montage at night for like 20 bucks or something. Now with limited supply and increased demand, prices will continue to skyrocket and it is becoming a richie rich type activity.

It’s $429 for a pass at blue and while gear is pricy it lasts most people several ski seasons.  Now road cycling that’s for Richie rich types 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

People are already bitching on Facebook.  Somebody said this is the dumbest thing they’ve ever heard. 

And likely came from someone who had absolutely no intention of skiing anywhere this weekend let alone blue 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

On a more fun note

20201209_202949.jpg

I don't have a beagle... but I have a puppy who is fluffy and super cute.

He'll be at the parking lot on Saturday and makes a great photo op if anyone needs a new tinder profile pic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s $429 for a pass at blue and while gear is pricy it lasts most people several ski seasons.  Now road cycling that’s for Richie rich types 

My first road bike was $750. Depends on how fancy people want to get. After a few accessories like shoes, costs are minimal.

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s the first time Burma road has been open on opening day since any of us started skiing.  Lazy 1.6 kilometers has been open on opening day before. 

I guess they added new snow guns on it and figured they'd give us something new and exciting.

19 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

The value in a season pass is unreal.....I was a pass holder/employee at BC for over ten years...and there is no parking lot scene....They would never allow it......Just buy the pass....

What was your job at BC?  Years ago at camelback I was stopped by security for drinking a beer in their lot..they told me to throw it out so I pounded it on my way to the garbage can and went to barley creek 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1