Jump to content

Utah stoke thread...2021!!!


saltyant

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, pcklein31 said:

Thanks... appreciate it

I stay in various Marriot hotels in the Salt Lake City area(mostly Residence Inns so I have a cooktop and full fridge) .  I will usually stay a few days downtown, but normally in the Murray/Midvale/Cottonwoods Heights.

That's what I did... chain hotels in Heber City/Midvale/Ogden with nice rooms and reasonable prices. Park City has lodging options nearby, but I don't think Brighton/Solitude or Snowbasin really have much of anything around them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

That's what I did... chain hotels in Heber City/Midvale/Ogden with nice rooms and reasonable prices. Park City has lodging options nearby, but I don't think Brighton/Solitude or Snowbasin really have much of anything around them. 

I think with the Big Cottonwood area, it would need to be an Airbnb.  Now Brighton does have a small 'motel' by the Crest lift, but I'm sure it is tough to get a room.

 

Nice.. Herber City!  Home of Cael Sanderson!... And I'm sure most people don't care, but PSU was/is dominant in the NCAA wrestling Finals tonight(4 for 4)

Edited by pcklein31
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pcklein31 said:

I think with the Big Cottonwood area, it would need to be an Airbnb.  Now Brighton does have a small 'motel' by the Crest lift, but I'm sure it is tough to get a room.

 

Nice.. Herber City!  Home of Cael Sanderson!... And PSU was/is dominant in the NCAA wrestling Finals tonight(4 for 4)

Unbelievable that even going 4/4 they will end up team runner up. It’s been a great tournament to watch and PSU is still somewhat young. Ever since Sanderson got to PSU they have been beasts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Unbelievable that even going 4/4 they will end up team runner up. It’s been a great tournament to watch and PSU is still somewhat young. Ever since Sanderson got to PSU they have been beasts. 

I was never a wrestling fan, but have grown to really enjoy,,( As a kid I played bball so we didn't like each other... Haha)

I think with PSU still being pretty young they didn't really capture the bonus points that put the over the top in past years.

Will be fun watching the next few years

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

I was never a wrestling fan, but have grown to really enjoy,,( As a kid I played bball so we didn't like each other... Haha)

I think with PSU still being pretty young they didn't really capture the bonus points that put the over the top in past years.

Will be fun watching the next few years

I’ve always followed just because of living in the LV and my family friend wrestled for Lehigh so we always went to those matches and EIWAs. PSU was never a contender back then. I’m not loyal to any team but I enjoy watching local kids on the big mat this tournament. Sasso is from Nazareth and ended up as runner up tonight at 149.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I’ve always followed just because of living in the LV and my family friend wrestled for Lehigh so we always went to those matches and EIWAs. PSU was never a contender back then. I’m not loyal to any team but I enjoy watching local kids on the big mat this tournament. Sasso is from Nazareth and ended up as runner up tonight at 149.

Absolutely, LV is a hotbead. The Sasso match was tough. 

 I like how Iowa won the team title, but half of their team is from PA.

My parents always liked wrestling.  My parents went to Lock Haven College and I know they used to take me to matches as a kid( back when the PSAC schools all had good wrestling  programs).  

In the end I'm a PSU fans in everything

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Nice.. Herber City!  Home of Cael Sanderson!... And I'm sure most people don't care, but PSU was/is dominant in the NCAA wrestling Finals tonight(4 for 4)


Ever ride on the Heber Creeper?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well..., pretty cool knowing that I was on the mountain the same day the video was being filmed.

I know I was at the base of Milly when they filmed the 8:20 segment,, but I can't pick myself out 😒... But I remember watching that sequence.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty thread is first, Nancy’s second and Eafs third.  

Lame.

saltys had good adventures but a lot of filler and fluff to sort through

Edited by skiincy
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I like the filler and fluff...and if not for saltys thread yours would be number one so be honored that you’re on the podium.  

I think you like stirring the pot

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the filler and fluff...and if not for saltys thread yours would be number one so be honored that you’re on the podium.  

Does this mean we can fill your CO thread with NFL draft discussion and pizza recipes?
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Why the fuck do people care about views and likes on a ski forum?

Right?  I don't have a ton of friends and not a lot of people like me in real life so I don't bother.

 

Plus @toast21602 is the most liked poster on here anyway 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...