1/15...chilly..nice snow..PASR day.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Mont Bleu. I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and it was 90 degrees colder than my fourth favorite boy band. In the house were Johnny Law, JFDan, Matt Edge, Dirtwolf, Ryan, Mixilplix, Mute, Nastar Glenn, BenM, MBike mike, Pops, Indiggio, Tarponhead, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Enjorales, Pops, Enjorales cousin, Falco and many more. 

First civilian six pack and razors was already closed for race training.  Had a really sweet Main Street to begin and Main Street had the nicest conditions. Nightmare to Dream Weaver was OK and had a couple of Root rollers.  Switchback was super good for the second day it was open and Coming soon had nice chalky fresh manmade Poe.   Yeah it was cold and windy but we’re skiers so no big deal.  

Fun parking lot today..the highlight besides Matt Edge cool stories was seeing the inside of the hippie mobile..it was a mini version of roadside America...totally radical.  Ski everybody tomorrow AM

EF5C1408-42E6-4C43-8C0F-2FCBA3F5A5FD.jpeg

8D00C7F0-AF23-4741-9AF1-17B12B8D35C6.jpeg

B6A2F271-936A-48C4-A0EC-E75B8DD1D9E1.jpeg

E4CC0385-B8E2-4A85-A154-0602FF0BDC61.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Boner City 1

Today was good.  Wicked cold, but with battery powered heat on everything, it wasnt quite as bad as i thought it would be.  Doug is spot on, main good, switch good, NMDW ok, and Zinc or Swim was a special treat.  Its been said before, but what ever guns they use, filtered water with no zinc, or big mac secret sauce injected into the mix, the snow is great on that trail.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Today was so good, really really good snow, excellent lot shenanigans and major bonus points for a roadside America reference.  

Excellent vibe all day and I was super impressed with the chalky blown over the bumps on coming soon. The trench skiers left is getting deep but maybe a shame the best guns on the hill are being used to make bumps.  

Tits Mcgee seeing everyone,  a Glenn and edge day was unexpected on the coldest day of the year so far.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Grate conditions all over the mountain, save the mirror ice between bumps on Barneys'.  They were downright dangerous!f

Coming Soon had glorious chalky goodness no matter where you skied.  Loving the bump field to keep everyone from balling into Paradise at mach silly.
It was hard to stop lapping it until the quad came to a screeching halt around 2pm, so we bailed to the lot.
Looked like they eventually got it back running some 20 or so minutes later.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Three different cars wanted Nastar Glenn’s spot maybe around 1130 and a lovely family from New York got it.  Ten minutes later they were back...tickets sold out...sucks to suck. 

Blows my mind. It’s plastered all over their social media and website that tickets are limited….. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Grate conditions all over the mountain, save the mirror ice between bumps on Barneys'.  They were downright dangerous!f

Coming Soon had glorious chalky goodness no matter where you skied.  Loving the bump field to keep everyone from balling into Paradise at mach silly.
It was hard to stop lapping it until the quad came to a screeching halt around 2pm, so we bailed to the lot.
Looked like they eventually got it back running some 20 or so minutes later.

Short session today 4-5 spent on Coming soon bumps. Still nice shape best bumps for me this year. 
Barneys was glacial last night too . 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Blows my mind. It’s plastered all over their social media and website that tickets are limited….. 

Not everybody goes on social media and websites.  Some people just decided to go skiing today, as they had done two years ago.  Matt Edge was telling them there was tubing but im sure also sold out. 

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Not everybody goes on social media and websites.  Some people just decided to go skiing today, as they had done two years ago.  Matt Edge was telling them there was tubing but im sure also sold out. 

As Ron White once said…. You can’t fix stupid. 

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Mont Bleu. I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and it was 90 degrees colder than my fourth favorite boy band. In the house were Johnny Law, JFDan, Matt Edge, Dirtwolf, Ryan, Mixilplix, Mute, Nastar Glenn, BenM, MBike mike, Pops, Indiggio, Tarponhead, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Enjorales, Pops, Enjorales cousin, Falco and many more. 

First civilian six pack and razors was already closed for race training.  Had a really sweet Main Street to begin and Main Street had the nicest conditions. Nightmare to Dream Weaver was OK and had a couple of Root rollers.  Switchback was super good for the second day it was open and Coming soon had nice chalky fresh manmade Poe.   Yeah it was cold and windy but we’re skiers so no big deal.  

Fun parking lot today..the highlight besides Matt Edge cool stories was seeing the inside of the hippie mobile..it was a mini version of roadside America...totally radical.  Ski everybody tomorrow AM

EF5C1408-42E6-4C43-8C0F-2FCBA3F5A5FD.jpeg

8D00C7F0-AF23-4741-9AF1-17B12B8D35C6.jpeg

B6A2F271-936A-48C4-A0EC-E75B8DD1D9E1.jpeg

E4CC0385-B8E2-4A85-A154-0602FF0BDC61.jpeg

I don’t think that car ever moves 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

He’s just pumping the back side of every mogul to gain speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually it was the mirror ice in Barney's from the broken pipe!

They really need to rope them off and reset them as they're really dangerous if someone doesn't know about the ice in the troughs and tries to ski them w/out checking them out first.

• Like 1