12/28…sunny…pretty good snow

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:17am and it was in the mid 20s with a rising sun and light to moderate winds.  First civilian quad with BenM, Atomic Jeff and JFDan.  Also in the house were Toast, Mixilplix, Indiggio, Gary, Gary, BethlehemFord crew, Matt Edge and Root.  

Coming soon was pretty slick but not terrible and lower paradise was better than yesterday.  Upper paradise had very nice groomed snow almost a western groomer and lapped that a few times.  Lazy mile wasn’t great but the falls skied better than yesterday.  Lower raceway was still firm mini cookies, midway was alright and lower Main Street they blew water on so not that good.  We even ventured to Burma which was mad technical yo..all ice and cookies.  Crowds today spilled in a little more quickly than yesterday but still less than weekdend crowds at least in the morning.  

I hungout in the lot for about an hour and enjoyed the sunshine and some beer now back at work and have five new voicemails.  

JADIP

E067A8FE-D3F2-4A66-8025-DDAB766CF961.jpeg

FA3A9B64-C9C2-44A3-89DB-C417B9D586D3.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Today was an all around good time...Lapped Midway to Lower Main a few times..Still staying relatively uncrowded...Lazy to Falls was somebody is always in my way kinda trail...TCS was a little slick....Can't complain though.. with the milder temps it was a beautiful morning to be on the snow....

20221228_082646.jpg

20221228_083857.jpg

20221228_084822.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

looks like just about everyone in the house right now . . . Lined up outside the gates, but lots of room inside, looks like they are pairing up chairs.

image.png.7ff023f6ab38fd143087e97c02c4ac39.png

Digging those lines at the school triple and the carpet! 

Yikes.

C1er also in the house today. 

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Yeah...no. maybe I'll wait it out Screenshot_20221228-172615.thumb.png.e5048e9ed1e8ada7b7a124aecd41b8ce.png

crowds were rolling in today for sure.  

Good morning, maybe not quite as good as yesterday.  Widoracecuz's went from yesterdays brick to cookies today.  Should be good for tomorrow.  Burma was hysterical.  seems like Midway is everybodys least favorite trail, which is good.  

nothin like getting yelled at to slow down on Paridise..........when there is nobody on it.  

• Like 1

I thought today was prob one of the better days condition-wise all year. Only a cpl sketchy spots. 

I liked that the sun was out afterwards. It was nice for lot beers. 

Afterwards, I dropped off my trash and got Chinese food, 8/10. The card reader wasn't working right, so I paid a crisp 20 for my $21 tab since they wanted me outta there. 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 1

8 hours ago, Jimkoval said:

On the topic of cookies, I think they were mentioned in this thread. I guess blue has to process their snow or it will all be ice? I guess they do the best they can with the temperatures they are dealt to make snow in. 

Process?  The groomers have a tiller on the back that's supposed to grind up the cookies, but the way they blow the snow (wet) causes the conditions we all know and love (to hate).   Not entirely due to the temperatures, but the cheapness of the mountain to only make one pass with the groomers, putting down lipstick on a pig.

Would be nice if they would just blow smaller whales and let the riders break them down naturally instead of using the groomers.  The whales would drain naturally and the riders would carve up the dry, upper layer.   For some reason (probably because of how wet they blow) they don't let anyone ride the new whales.

• Like 2