Ski Season 23-24 thread

RidgeRacer

Snowbird Utah received 40” in 48 hours and only the bunny hill is open due to avalanche mitigation.  

Jackson Hole is 23” in 48 hours.  Grand Targhee 25”. They already have 58 runs open.  8” new at ABasin. 20” new at Steamboat and 16” new at Wolf creek. Let’s hope for a pattern change and get some of that.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Snowbird Utah received 40” in 48 hours and only the bunny hill is open due to avalanche mitigation.  

Jackson Hole is 23” in 48 hours.  Grand Targhee 25”. They already have 58 runs open.  8” new at ABasin. 20” new at Steamboat and 16” new at Wolf creek. Let’s hope for a pattern change and get some of that.  

Hey dont forget the east coast love.  Jay Peak got 24" in 48 hours this week.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Alta.  lol

Ski Resort Snow photo 1

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Barb said:

Left this morning when the concrete guys were doing our second pour (on freaking Dec 11th)

IMG_8838.thumb.jpeg.59ed6c90d4d1d0bf8fa418b6d31b4b48.jpeg

Decided to go to Buttermilk today, they just opened on Sat. Parked at Tiehack, booted up and walked 100’ to the lift, amazing!  Saw lots of uphill peeps starting from the bottom and suddenly felt very lazy that today was a lift serviced day. 
IMG_8841.thumb.jpeg.ade5fd374c3478158b9c36ede07cdecd.jpeg

The snow felt a bit better than the other day. Buttermilk is about 2000’ lower than Aspen so coverage seemed thin. Vegetation popping up everywhere. My second run I took another trail and half way down there were lots of brown spots. I was trying to avoid them and then proceeded to eat shit. Looked up where my pole was and saw a nice brown patch I must have skied over, whoops. Never took a lift with anyone, skied right on each time, very empty. 

When I got home I ran into the neighborhood snow plow guy (who is chatty). He asked me if I wanted to go to Highlands with him later this week, so I guess I will get to check out that mountain for the first time. It’s always good to be on the good side of the snow plow guy! 

** edit food report for Doug**. I made homemade floutas/taquitos and took one for a pocket lunch. Even good cold. 
IMG_8835.thumb.jpeg.781970631f1300157a290a4b57e61c49.jpeg

Highlands is one of the best anywhere enjoy !!!!

• Love 1

18 hours ago, Barb said:

Left this morning when the concrete guys were doing our second pour (on freaking Dec 11th)

IMG_8838.thumb.jpeg.59ed6c90d4d1d0bf8fa418b6d31b4b48.jpeg

Decided to go to Buttermilk today, they just opened on Sat. Parked at Tiehack, booted up and walked 100’ to the lift, amazing!  Saw lots of uphill peeps starting from the bottom and suddenly felt very lazy that today was a lift serviced day. 
IMG_8841.thumb.jpeg.ade5fd374c3478158b9c36ede07cdecd.jpeg

The snow felt a bit better than the other day. Buttermilk is about 2000’ lower than Aspen so coverage seemed thin. Vegetation popping up everywhere. My second run I took another trail and half way down there were lots of brown spots. I was trying to avoid them and then proceeded to eat shit. Looked up where my pole was and saw a nice brown patch I must have skied over, whoops. Never took a lift with anyone, skied right on each time, very empty. 

When I got home I ran into the neighborhood snow plow guy (who is chatty). He asked me if I wanted to go to Highlands with him later this week, so I guess I will get to check out that mountain for the first time. It’s always good to be on the good side of the snow plow guy! 

** edit food report for Doug**. I made homemade floutas/taquitos and took one for a pocket lunch. Even good cold. 
IMG_8835.thumb.jpeg.781970631f1300157a290a4b57e61c49.jpeg

What’s in the taquitos?

@Johnny Law thanks!  We have plans to go on Thursday. Happy to be shown around by someone who knows the terrain

@GrilledSteezeSandwich  the first time I made them I just used beans, but this time I substituted shredded chicken, which I think is how they are usually made. Along with Mexican spices, tomatoes, red onions etc. 

• Love 1