Opening Day 23-24

GrilledSteezeSandwich

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,. 

We took the quad once just for a different few and paradise doesn’t look quite ready.

Oh, this is disappointing.  Is it just the upper part or all of it?  Freefall to paradise maybe?

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Oh, this is disappointing.  Is it just the upper part or all of it?  Freefall to paradise maybe?

I don’t think so on Freefall to paradise as lower paradise doesn’t have a ton of coverage.  Maybe cause they went so hard on tubing.  Last season they opened with just homestretch and this year they put out a ton of coverage on both homestretch and lower park. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Benm said:

agreed, i'm pretty surprised by it.

looking at the photos, upper main seemed to have quite a bit more snow on it than i was expecting (nothing), or am i wrong and it has not much?

Upper main doesn’t have that much snow on it and it usually opens way later than lower.  Maybe due to the width 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

agreed, i'm pretty surprised by it.

looking at the photos, upper main seemed to have quite a bit more snow on it than i was expecting (nothing), or am i wrong and it has not much?

They literally said while we were waiting at the rope that usually with cold comes the wind, and it's the wind that got in the way of Paradise this time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Got delayed by traffic by Parlkand High school and learned some wisdom from graffiti . I parked up top and made the rope drop, only hitch was leaving my extra goggles at home . 

Spent most of the morning skiing with @indiggio and the bump crew. Bailed when the rain started. All in all great first day. 
Big thanks to Blue! 

IMG_4465.jpeg

IMG_4461.jpeg

IMG_4460.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AirheadD8 said:

Got delayed by traffic by Parlkand High school and learned some wisdom from graffiti . I parked up top and made the rope drop, only hitch was leaving my extra goggles at home . 

Spent most of the morning skiing with @indiggio and the bump crew. Bailed when the rain started. All in all great first day. 
Big thanks to Blue! 

Do you have a season pass now or did you pay big money to ski today??

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Dude! I didn't think you were gonna post the tr so I created it. Sorry! Mods can you merge?

Thanks mods…was crazy I couldn’t even post the report when I first got to work…had to do tasks…you know like taking out the papers and the trash yakkety yak…report took me six minutes to type lol and some errors. I’m rusty lol

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Definitely not a bad opening day.   Upper mountain snow was far better than lower due to the inversion.
Midway by 11:30 was showing signs of major thinness as rocks and grass were poking through in the middle.
Both sides of Midway bumped up for some early season fun.

Right side of Vista outside the grooming berm was the ROTD as only a few daring souls went in there to get the goods.
You had to dodge a couple of drainage ditches, but the snow there was worth it.

Checked out Coming Soon and it had a fair amount of snow up top.
Unfortunately lower Paradise is way too thin to open.

• Like 6

Fun opening day today!  Just got home.  Nice riding the chair with @mute1080, @Dirtwolf and @GrilledSteezeSandwich on my first ride up for the season!  Got about 20 runs in between safety meetings and my quads are now toast 🤣.  Be back out Sunday morning if the rain holds off.

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Got back up there at 630 with Boo and BeckyBoo. Dirtwolf, Edge, JLaw, Pops, and Enjo were in the house. Thought the rain would scare people away but there was a good amount of the under 18 crowd.

Snow was hero soft. Saw plenty of rocks in the trails and Midway was spicy with the bumps. All was fun.

Missed the first run because the kid’s pass didn’t work. Waiting in line like the picture above and got it fixed. If anyone got the kid $50 pass, it won’t work unless you go to the counter first.  They wanted a picture and proof of birthdate, both of which I didn’t have and still gave it to me.

Overhead a manager talking with the employees about someone that complained “all the way up the chain to KSL.” Something about a season pass that wouldn’t work and thought the employee said she can’t fix it so he bought a day pass. She swears she didn’t say it but the manager wasn’t happy KSL found out.

Back at it tomorrow ⛷️ 

IMG_3211.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I forgot to add.  I lost my keys forgetting to zip my pocket somewere along my first 3 runs.  Super stoke stomper but fortunately a good samaritan found them and handed them in the the front desk!

Do you drive a Honda? Heard a guy getting on the lift yell to the liftie that he found keys and turned them in

• Like 2

5 hours ago, indiggio said:

Definitely not a bad opening day.   Upper mountain snow was far better than lower due to the inversion.
Midway by 11:30 was showing signs of major thinness as rocks and grass were poking through in the middle.
Both sides of Midway bumped up for some early season fun.

Right side of Vista outside the grooming berm was the ROTD as only a few daring souls went in there to get the goods.
You had to dodge a couple of drainage ditches, but the snow there was worth it.

Checked out Coming Soon and it had a fair amount of snow up top.
Unfortunately lower Paradise is way too thin to open.

I found that same sweet sweet man made perder stash this morning skiers right going to Midway 🤣  ROTD

• Like 1