Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

8 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
You're not gonna get nothing.  Temperatures are crashing everywhere. 

News just said 9 inches for us. We'll see. Heavy wet snow is a bitch to shovel / blow. Plus it doesn't bode well for power lines.

They'll be power outages like crazy..more from the winds than the snow. 

Temps are falling way faster than originally forecast. A lot of the Catty's are already reporting 12+ inches and we got another 24 hours of heavy snowfall to go. 

Somebody over on AZ said the snow quality wasn't that bad, as temps were around 29 degrees. 

Edited by EdBacon

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm not skiing today, but just wondering how fun this heavy wet snow is to ski in? Seems like it would take a lot of effort. 

It's amazing fun..you just need speed and pitch..sometimes if it's deep you want to ski in others tracks on the flatter sections and then hop in the untracked where it's steeper.  While it's not perder, a small amount of heavy wet snow will keep you above the nasties below. Always nice not to hit bottom. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

Temps are falling way faster than originally forecast. A lot of the Catty's are already reporting 12+ inches and we got another 24 hours of heavy snowfall to go. 

Somebody over on AZ said the snow quality wasn't that bad, as temps were around 29 degrees. 

29 isn't cement snow more medium to heavy density 

Plattekill could have its most crowded weekend ever (maybe even 5 person lift lines) if they are the only ones in the Catskills with power in all this snow (they still had it as of an hour ago, and 12" on the ground with more falling)

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

14 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Plattekill could have its most crowded weekend ever (maybe even 5 person lift lines) if they are the only ones in the Catskills with power in all this snow (they still had it as of an hour ago, and 12" on the ground with more falling)

Its where I'm gonna be regardless tomorrow morning. 

7 hours ago, saltyant said:

I'm not skiing today, but just wondering how fun this heavy wet snow is to ski in? Seems like it would take a lot of effort. 

170% fucking fun. HTFU :poke. It wasn’t that heavy, especially up top. Best day of the season and I get to go back again for free now. No hot chocolate or cookies though. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

170% fucking fun. HTFU :poke. It wasn’t that heavy, especially up top. Best day of the season and I get to go back again for free now. No hot chocolate or cookies though. 

I'm so proud of you guys. WTGAI JADIP. I can't even get motivated enough to finish shoveling.