Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

I use a space heater in the bathroom for when I get out of the shower.  Turned that baby on this morning, but I'm not going to light the pilot light for the heater until i'm at my breaking point.  Gonna try for no-heat November again this year.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I use a space heater in the bathroom for when I get out of the shower.  Turned that baby on this morning, but I'm not going to light the pilot light for the heater until i'm at my breaking point.  Gonna try for no-heat November again this year.  

fyi - i sorta think the space heater is cheating, but continue on.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

Is pilot light for gas heat?  

3 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Correct.

The apartment I had senior year had that and my landlord had to light it.  Since then I’ve never encountered a pilot light.  Whats weird is at work I have gas heat that hasn’t been used since probably April and I just turn on the thermostat.  It’s just amazing I spent months sweating outside with customers and today in my t shirt and khakis was freezing.  

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The apartment I had senior year had that and my landlord had to light it.  Since then I’ve never encountered a pilot light.  Whats weird is at work I have gas heat that hasn’t been used since probably April and I just turn on the thermostat.  It’s just amazing I spent months sweating outside with customers and today in my t shirt and khakis was freezing.  

Yeah pilot lights are pretty much gone in the interest of saving energy but the downside is moisture and bugs can mess up your equipment . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 1:56 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Good one SallyCat lol

Lol, longest wait for punchline reaction ever! 🤣 

We've got pretty warm weather here for the next week or so; it's still very much biking season in the central 8 0 2. Hunting season will put the kibosh on MTB in a couple weeks, and then we'll start itching for ski area openings and pretending that gravel biking in 40-degree weather is "fine."  I'm not sure if Killington is making snow yet? I'm sure they're trying; we've had some frosts, but also warm, rainy days. 

Farmer's Almanac is making us all optimistic for the season.  

7 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Lol, longest wait for punchline reaction ever! 🤣 

We've got pretty warm weather here for the next week or so; it's still very much biking season in the central 8 0 2. Hunting season will put the kibosh on MTB in a couple weeks, and then we'll start itching for ski area openings and pretending that gravel biking in 40-degree weather is "fine."  I'm not sure if Killington is making snow yet? I'm sure they're trying; we've had some frosts, but also warm, rainy days. 

Farmer's Almanac is making us all optimistic for the season.  

Yeah Killington has been making snow.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they open this weekend.  Maybe Friday for season pass holders and saturdays be Sunday for the general public.  Wow just wow people in Vermont still read the farmers almanac.  Anyway thanks for checking in SallyCat, I’ll be sure to bump some of your old posts from time to time. 

35 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah Killington has been making snow.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they open this weekend.  Maybe Friday for season pass holders and saturdays be Sunday for the general public.  Wow just wow people in Vermont still read the farmers almanac.  Anyway thanks for checking in SallyCat, I’ll be sure to bump some of your old posts from time to time. 

The Almanac only gets quoted when it predicts a good snow year 😀 Yeah, Blue still sends me season pass sales pitches this time o' year and it reminded me of PASR. 

Legal recreational weed up here just in time for ski season! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

The Almanac only gets quoted when it predicts a good snow year 😀 Yeah, Blue still sends me season pass sales pitches this time o' year and it reminded me of PASR. 

Legal recreational weed up here just in time for ski season! 

Sweet I was hopeful PA would go legal but ran out of patience so got my medical card two years ago.  It’s amazing 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Seems like they have been making snow and watching it melt for about 2 weeks now.  i dont know much about K, but i think this is what they concentrate on first.  I wouldnt be canceling any plans thinking this is gonna be a go for this weekend, but its nice to look at.  

image.jpeg.033c63788feb4fdfa2fe1eb6875d8978.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

28 degrees and first frost of the year here.

I'm glad Blue has all the brand new snow guns they ordered set up and ready to take advantage of cold temps when they become consistent! in boxes next to the chairlift shaped hole in the ground. 

• Like 2