the pics from today thread

Justin

The Battle of Gettysburg fascinates me. Everything that had to go exactly the way it did, every decision that had to be made precisely the way it was, for the outcome to be what it was. "The Killer Angels" by Shaara is a good, pretty light read on the battle.

I feel the same way about the sinking of the Titanic. So many actions and decisions made exactly wrong. "Her Name, Titanic" is a great read there.

• Like 2

Great picsBarb. How is your back?

I have never been to Gettysburg. Pretty sad considering how close we are. It must have been pretty awful living thru that.

Sweet of you to ask. Just finished my 2nd PT (doing one a week to stretch them out). She identified lots of muscle imbalances and I am working on correcting them. The exercises seem so easy but when you are supposed to focus on a very specific muscle that your body basically stopped using, it is challenging. But in just a week the acute pain is gone. I hiked one day and paid for it. Going to try and just do the PT and yoga for a while and see how that goes. Even though the weather is absolutely gorgeous for hiking. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

He had a medical excuse and the military is for poors.

Far from the truth. So far from the truth.

Sweet of you to ask. Just finished my 2nd PT (doing one a week to stretch them out). She identified lots of muscle imbalances and I am working on correcting them. The exercises seem so easy but when you are supposed to focus on a very specific muscle that your body basically stopped using, it is challenging. But in just a week the acute pain is gone. I hiked one day and paid for it. Going to try and just do the PT and yoga for a while and see how that goes. Even though the weather is absolutely gorgeous for hiking. Ugh.

Good!

• Like 2

Yup. A good physical therapist is amazing. When I tore my ACL, I actually really enjoyed going to PT.
  • Like 2

I have never been to Gettysburg. Pretty sad considering how close we are. It must have been pretty awful living thru that.

You should definitely check it out. Not only is the battlefield field, museum etc and worth seeing but there's cool stuff in town as well. We hit up the Micky Ds which is literally about 10 feet off of the battlefield fence. You turn your head one way and your eyeing up the Artisan Grilled Chicken sandwich with fries that you're about tear into, you look the other way and there's one of most historical and sacred places in the country. It's surreal. There's also an ice cream shop with a cannon ball lodged into the wall (which a local told us was the only structure left in the town with actual civil war damage).