I heard a rumer that camelback bought or is buying sno

tom nepa

holy shit Art must have won the lotto. I mean how much can the guy extend....new hotel and water park at Camelback and now this? Hang on CBK pass holders this could hurt.I will say Camelback has a decent business plan but at what cost to both mountains pass holders.While conditions are usually good on the mountain the opportunity to make extra cash on folks is ever present. My 2 cents. the mountain will be better run operations wise.It will come with a cost.

The article said that a dozen companies have signed non disclosures and that 3 have asked to tour the property. That means in no way is Camelback the only bidder. They just decided to show their hand first that they are interested. It may or may not be true that they interested. Sometimes companies just want the opportunity to look at the books and size up the operation to get a better idea of what they will be competing against. If I was in their position I would take a look at the books and the operation. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by doing that.

I'm sure Peak Resorts will take a look. They have a lot of debt but are still buying. Snowtime has to be in the mix as well. Whoever buys it, I hope it is an experienced ski area operator. Yeah, the cheap tickets will go away but that's better than the ski are going away.

I'm guessing this will be a big swing for operations probably an actual lift from top to bottom lol. Just hope some land developer doesn't get a hold of it and put up houses or other garbage. Limited options in driving distance from Philly so we don't need to lose another.

I'm guessing this will be a big swing for operations probably an actual lift from top to bottom lol. Just hope some land developer doesn't get a hold of it and put up houses or other garbage. Limited options in driving distance from Philly so we don't need to lose another.

i dont think the second would happen since it is a running and functioning business, just needs the proper people (or person) at the helm. Maybe some of the lifts need some attention, but from what i saw their snowmaking is definetly up to date, same goes for their grooming equip. Way more fan guns on that mountain than at JF.

Glad to hear the interest in the place is coming from people within the industry.

The thing to remember is this is probably a fire sale of sorts, the people that want it want it cheap with some kind of debt restructuring...well at least that is most likely.

Assuming there isn't a bidding war which seems doubtful whomever owns it could get in cheap with favorable debt terms.

CB probably has reasonable debt terms, they have consistent revenue over a relatively long period of time, essentially they would get it cheap with cheap money.

The question I believe is probably one of existing infrastructure. How old are the lifts and buildings ? Are there major upgrades in the short term ? Were there major upgrades that were recently completed that impact the profitability of the venture (sunk costs).

If the sunk costs are good and the money is cheap CB owning Sno could be a good thing that works for everyone. Additionally consolidation certainly seems to the be best way to run ski areas in this modern day if your goal is to make money. I may not be a fan but I don't really care if they make shit tons of money or not.

CB buying it seems like an excellent choice. They already have a highly successful mountain and waterpark. Sno has tons of growth potential in both of these markets. A CB/Sno pass would also be a sweet combo, especially if they price them separately and then the other as an add on... I'll be interested to see how this plays out...

• Like 1