11/22-23...weekend roll call thread. Opening weekend..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Yeah, if they get lazy mile open, will feel like a pretty legit ski morning...

And so they list barney's bumps as being open....I guess that means they will seed?

(BTW, that is the absolute best example of boosting the trail count....Barney's Bumps is literally "the left hand side of Main Street", but it gets counted as a separate trail!   Even funnier than Lower Main Street, which of course is really just "the second half of a trail called Main Street".)

• Like 1

tnt the trail count thing is an industry standard if Blue didnt do that they'd look small on paper compared to their competitors. The best was back in the 90s when stowe went from

48 trails to 112 without cutting a single tree. Ski area marketing people are a funny bunch.

Anyway whether blue says they have two trails open or 12 will be just as fun.

• Like 3

Xing nice !!!!

I don't give a fuck if it's butts to nuts, I don't care if Barbie herself is requiring we all kiss her butthole to ride the lift, I'm just so fucking happy skiing is here so I can go back to not giving a fuck about work or 90% of other shit.

Skiing is here and it's way way early, that's legit fucking titty sparkles.

• Like 6

I wouldn't be surprised if they have Lazy open for Sunday.

They've got to give the uh, less able skiers another way down beyond Midway, which is gonna be its typical spectacle.

That would be me....

I don't ride  on 2 Skinny  snowboards  :P  1 plank is all i can handle/ 

But I like to run the Lazy  while my kid is in park 

cheers

Edited by larrytbull

I ski lazy so much early season that I hardly bother with it once other stuff gets open.

i should be there sunday, not sure if ill go in the morning before the eagles game or do a night session after the eagles game (i believe their website said open til 10pm)

Open till 10 and if the eagles win two more games they might make the playoffs.

Be prepared for cookie city. Why is it that anyone who reads ski forums even a little knows that most areas let the whales sit to drain out any excess moisture before they groom them out but Blue Mountain never does this. They shut the guns off on Main Street and plowed the whales out right away. They shut the guns off on Vista and they have already run over the whales from the looks of it. They are not opening until Saturday. No wonder their grooming always sucks and their conditions should read MMC (Man Made Cookies).

Edited by trackbiker
  • Like 1

I ski lazy so much early season that I hardly bother with it once other stuff gets open.

Not me. Love a good lazy/crazy run.

Be prepared for cookie city. Why is it that anyone who reads ski forums even a little knows that most areas let the whales sit to drain out any excess moisture before they groom them out but Blue Mountain never does this. They shut the guns off on Main Street and plowed the whales out right away. They shut the guns off on Vista and they have already run over the whales from the looks of it. They are not opening until Saturday. No wonder their grooming always sucks and their conditions should read MMC (Man Made Cookies).

[emoji514][emoji514][emoji514][emoji514][emoji514][emoji514][emoji514][emoji514][emoji514][emoji514] nom nom nom

Wow - that's awesome.  Trying to figure out work and kid schedule now....

How jammed is opening weekend typically? 

This is awesome.  Really hope I can figure this out and get there.

Opening weekend is always crowded, but everyone is so happy to be on the hill again that it is like a snow filled love fest.

Look for the asshole in the blue, European delivered BMW.

Sorry Jeff.

If you know what a European delivered BMW looks like.

• Like 2

If you can ski/board Blue's cookies, you can ski/board anywhere...

"if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball!" you make a good point doe.

Not sure if ill be up this weekend. Best bet would be before the eagles game on Sunday. Saturday will probably be a mad house and as much as im feigning for some riding I might wait an extra day.

The euro Bimmwrs have a front license thingie. Not quite a plate but numbers.

Damn pinch me I can't believe I'll be skiing in like 43.3 hours.

If you can ski/board Blue's cookies, you can ski/board anywhere...

I would disagree with that...u ever ski breakable crust??? That is a whole nother ball game than cookies and there are cookies everywhere depending on the weather. Not just at Blue.

Sunday will also be a madhouse!!!! Just not much lift capacity.

Phillycore u skiing Blue this weekend or are u instructing already???

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

"if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball!"

Will be dodging other skiers/boarders this weekend!

I would disagree with that...u ever ski breakable crust??? That is a whole nother ball game than cookies and there are cookies everywhere depending on the weather. Not just at Blue.

Yes, skied breakable crust before. Not fun when the tips go under the crust and the crust slams you in the shins...

Blue makes the best cookies in the Poconos!

The point is that if they just let the whales sit the cookies would be minimized and the conditions much better. They spend tons of money on state-of-the-art snow making and still make crappy snow. It wouldn't cost them any more to wait.

What? Take away the death cookies that Blue has worked so hard to perfect? Perish the thought!

• Like 1