Zee Lights

skifreak

11 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Rode from opening til 11:00.  Saw JLaw.  Trip to blue only took an extra half hour.  Wasn’t too bad lift line wise first hour, second hour was similar to pics posted.  They groomed everything out but still nice to ride natural snow.  Upper lot full when I left

So, in reality, just like a typical weekend (i know its not) day after a snow storm.  a total shit show 2 hrs in.  

@Benmgo back in the archives and look at the Saturday of Pres day weekend, like 3 years ago, after it snowed on Friday.  Cars were backed up from the Valley, both directions, but the most impressive was the back up going up BMD.  They ran out of rental skis and french fries that day.  

At the same time, i never would have expected quite the shit show on a Thursday.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

So, in reality, just like a typical weekend (i know its not) day after a snow storm.  a total shit show 2 hrs in.  

@Benmgo back in the archives and look at the Saturday of Pres day weekend, like 3 years ago, after it snowed on Friday.  Cars were backed up from the Valley, both directions, but the most impressive was the back up going up BMD.  They ran out of rental skis and french fries that day.  

At the same time, i never would have expected quite the shit show on a Thursday.  

I’ve never see anything like this day in my life. A sea of people from the scanner gates all the way back to the waffle hut. No lines or anything. 

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i expected it to be a little crowded, but was thinking a thursday might have dampened it a bit. i was very wrong.

just found that post, that traffic going up the mountain was bananas.

23 minutes ago, Benm said:

i expected it to be a little crowded, but was thinking a thursday might have dampened it a bit. i was very wrong.

just found that post, that traffic going up the mountain was bananas.

Most people are working from home and can ski on weekdays. If the quad and six pack were open the amount of people there today wouldn’t have been that atypical for a midweek pow day.  BenM when everything is open and we have a real pow day I expect to see you waiting for first six pack way before opening ding ding.  You gotta get that Perder or as some call it Poe..mad Edgar Allen 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

7 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Poaching is a benefit of not having a season pass. Soinds like JF area may have gotten 24"

No I never posted a report. Brief update.

Stowe Dec 14

- Stayed at Golden Eagle - nice room but didn't love surprise $20 resort fee add on. 

- Mtn had basically 3 TTB runs off quad and a 4th off Gondola. Lightly groomed conditions were a pleasure to ski but top half of each run was in thick fog. 

- no lift lines on quad and had each chair to myself. Did Gondola right when it opened and most germ free and rode solo. Then tried it once again later in morning - more people then and didn't love waiting in somewhat enclosed area for 5 min before riding - at least all were spaced and masked. Again rode solo.

- called it quits after 8 runs (long ones at over 2000 vertical feet) as legs getting sore and wanted to save some for next 2 days. Also skiing in dense fog not my fav.

Resort fees are BS. I had to pay like a $35 resort fee when I stayed at Skytop.  Were any of the resort amenities even available besides wifi?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Resort fees are BS. I had to pay like a $35 resort fee when I stayed at Skytop.  Were any of the resort amenities even available besides wifi?

No - not a thing was open. Beware the word "resort" in a title. This was the "Golden Eagle Resort".

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

No - not a thing was open. Beware the word "resort" in a title. This was the "Golden Eagle Resort".

Town and country across the street from the golden eagle is a good choice and no resort fee.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Yeah, let all the salty comments collect before you read them all. 

I haven't read the comments since lunch. There must be a ton of them accumulated by now. Time to get nice and Toasty and cozy by the fireplace with a hot cocoa and marshmallows and read some Salty comments.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

Wait, you mean if you have a season pass you don’t have to buy tickets each time you go? 

I know you were a being smart ass, but I was thinking back to the time when I had a Camelback season pass, but went to Blue that day and paid window price so I could hang out with rad people like @JFskiDan.

The scenario was very similar to today's. It was early season and only Main St. and Burma lifts were open. The line was insanely long around an hour into the session because at least 1/3 of the chairs were going up empty. I think it was because people were going through the scanners way too slowly; all Blue had to do was move the scanners back further. I can't deal with standing in line for 45 minutes between runs, especially due to the system being run inefficiently when it doesn't have to be. 💁‍♂️ 

No one on here cared much about the lines because they had season passes, but I paid $39 to basically stand in line.

I left shortly after and complained to Blue. They gave me a $39 gift card. As @GrilledSteezeSandwich says, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I bought a season pass shortly thereafter. 

That day was the worst day I've had at Blue since I've started skiing. That and today are anomalies due to a new way of doing things or circumstances, I guess, where management did not properly plan ahead for the onslaught of crowds. Every other time I've been at Blue, the lines have been manageable.

So I was imagining myself there today after paying $49 (or more) to stand in line for 1 run an hour or whatever it was. Nope! I wonder how many people got gift cards today??

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I haven't read the comments since lunch. There must be a ton of them accumulated by now. Time to get nice and Toasty and cozy by the fireplace with a hot cocoa and marshmallows and read some Salty comments.

Salty I’m just amazed you can go that many hours without checking PASR...back in high school I went the entire school day without checking the internet and when I’d get home I’d log onto America online and catch up on the ski Vermont discussion list and rec skiing alpine newsgroup. 

Do you make homemade cocoa or from a mix??  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I know you were a being smart ass, but I was thinking back to the time when I had a Camelback season pass, but went to Blue that day and paid window price so I could hang out with rad people like @JFskiDan.

The scenario was very similar to today's. It was early season and only Main St. and Burma lifts were open. The line was insanely long around an hour into the session because at least 1/3 of the chairs were going up empty. I think it was because people were going through the scanners way too slowly; all Blue had to do was move the scanners back further. I can't deal with standing in line for 45 minutes between runs, especially due to the system being run inefficiently when it doesn't have to be. 💁‍♂️ 

No one on here cared much about the lines because they had season passes, but I paid $39 to basically stand in line.

I left shortly after and complained to Blue. They gave me a $39 gift card. As @GrilledSteezeSandwich says, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I bought a season pass shortly thereafter. 

That day was the worst day I've had at Blue since I've started skiing. That and today are anomalies due to a new way of doing things or circumstances, I guess, where management did not properly plan ahead for the onslaught of crowds. Every other time I've been at Blue, the lines have been manageable.

So I was imagining myself there today after paying $49 (or more) to stand in line for 1 run an hour or whatever it was. Nope! I wonder how many people got gift cards today??

@saltyant it shows you have empathy for the people who bought tickets for today...I’m proud of you little buddy..

6F8B3606-D713-4A9C-83AE-D85A9A0D9640.jpeg

• Confused 1