Zee Lights

skifreak

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

And with things going the way they are at JFBB right now, it’s a good opportunity for blue to reel in all those passholders who were going there for park and make some money off them. 

This is exactly what i was going to post.  With JFBB going to shit, start bringing that crowd to Blue.  Not that they can do much more in the way of tickets with limited capacity now, but i would bet they have an increase in their season pass come February.  Smart move on Blue's part.  

NMDW is my fav trail, especially when the turns are sweet, but it is what it is.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Also, if they really wanted to appeal to another crowd, let Chute bump up.  Still blows my mind why they wont.  At one point Frost had Floyds bumped and it was so much fun.  

Would also prevent people from screaming down Chute and flying into Main Street at high speed, which is why they put Barney's where it is.
Why they don't just blow on Chute and let it go natural is anyone's guess.
Pretty sure they don't seed Chute because they don't have anyone capable enough of running the winch cat and seed at the same time.

Edited by indiggio
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I post this pic every year. Definitely my favorite picture taken at Blue.....

0E73E70C-7D66-4B2B-A871-9EA8E989CFF3.jpeg

Put that in your halfpipe and smoke it..and when I was in my mid to late 20s I liked getting mad Steezy air....the old sidewinder park had a step down on the first section which was one of my favorites and some cheese wedges...even earlier back when I was a Stowe regular in college..I got air off everything possible...

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Guess there won’t be a bump line on Nightmare this season

There might be.  When there is a bump line on nightmare the far right can have some grate smooth snow..just have to watch out for holes as a Crik runs down that as well. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

This is exactly what i was going to post.  With JFBB going to shit, start bringing that crowd to Blue.  Not that they can do much more in the way of tickets with limited capacity now, but i would bet they have an increase in their season pass come February.  Smart move on Blue's part.  

NMDW is my fav trail, especially when the turns are sweet, but it is what it is.  

I can’t even say I have a favorite trail at Blue..it just depends on the day but NMDW in my top five for sure along with razors, switchback and upper Main Street. In craptastic conditions sometimes paradise is the only good run so I’ll just lap that.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Would also prevent people from screaming down Chute and flying into Main Street at high speed, which is why they put Barney's where it is.
Why they don't just blow on Chute and let it go natural is anyone's guess.

I really liked chute as a bump run..for four or five turns it has the same pitch as the middle of the hobacks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I really liked chute as a bump run..for four or five turns it has the same pitch as the middle of the hobacks. 

We've set a line on it before, when there's enough snow and the conditions are right, but it's typically later in the day.

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

We've set a line on it before, when there's enough snow and the conditions are right, but it's typically later in the day.

I liked the bumps on the last pitch of razors two season back before the bump comp.  Slim loudly said,”oh Doug can ski bumps”..I’ve always been able to ski bumps...I’ve never been a one trick pony..I’ve even tried rails with disastrous results.  I’ve even seen Atomic Jeff try to hit a rail on freedom park at B.B. with disastrous results. 

• Like 1

I can’t even say I have a favorite trail at Blue..it just depends on the day but NMDW in my top five for sure along with razors, switchback and upper Main Street. In craptastic conditions sometimes paradise is the only good run so I’ll just lap that.  

NMDW is (was) my favorite. The turns are perfectly spaced out. Turn 1 coming off a pitch keeps things interesting and allows you to take it multiple ways...but choose wisely because oh shit there's turn two. Then chill for a bit...grab speed and figure out how / which way you're gonna tackle a very sharp turn three. Takes skill if you enter it with speed....I always try to tackle it as smoothly as I can but it's tough. if you can conquer it you know your shit. then there's turn 4 which brings you to the merge with p dizzle. After all of that strategic and hella fun skiing pump the brakes because it's cruise time back to the lift.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

NMDW is (was) my favorite. The turns are perfectly spaced out. Turn 1 coming off a pitch keeps things interesting and allows you to take it multiple ways...but choose wisely because oh shit there's turn two. Then chill for a bit...grab speed and figure out how / which way you're gonna tackle a very sharp turn three. Takes skill if you enter it with speed....I always try to tackle it as smoothly as I can but it's tough. if you can conquer it you know your shit. then there's turn 4 which brings you to the merge with p dizzle. After all of that strategic and hella fun skiing pump the brakes because it's cruise time back to the lift.

Plus occasionally some root rollers on the left side of lower PDizzle after the merge.  I’ve always liked the strategy involved in skiing and repeating the same run after a not so good run with a different game plan. 

• Like 1

NMDW was a great trail.  A boardercross course (and skiercross...is that a thing?) would actually be fun on NMDW, but I don't think that'll happen.  It'll probably be 17 different rails and like one jump.  

Years ago, before they widened Timberline at Bear Creek, they had a boardercross trail set up for a while and it was a lot of fun.  

NMDW was a great trail.  A boardercross course (and skiercross...is that a thing?) would actually be fun on NMDW, but I don't think that'll happen.  It'll probably be 17 different rails and like one jump.  
 Years ago, before they widened Timberline at Bear Creek, they had a boardercross trail set up for a while and it was a lot of fun.  

It had been a thing the past few years. I hate it.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

No way on the rail garden and single jump.  Blue mountain isn’t known as booted mountain for nothing and 2-3 years ago Blue had a skiercross/boardercross on dreamweaver. 

9 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

It had been a thing the past few years. I hate it.

I remember it being set up last year but it was always closed when I was there.

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No way on the rail garden and single jump.  Blue mountain isn’t known as booted mountain for nothing and 2-3 years ago Blue had a skiercross/boardercross on dreamweaver. 

I think last time I hit the park on Come Around it was just one jump and a bunch of rails and a few other random things.  My opinion doesn't really matter anyway - I haven't really actually put any effort into riding park in like 10 years.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

@toast21602needs to give Barb a call ASAP 

Barb is my favorite ski resort owner..hands down!!!  She’s good at what she does and the ultimate undercover boss.  Not even blowing smoke up her ass game recognize game.  

Back in the day Blue had a contest where the winner got to ride with a groomer at night time..while that’s rad..I’d rather win a contest where I got to help set up netting on the quad and six pack..it got both me and BenM yesterday....plus when the fishing pond is built they can use the netting for the Deadliest catch simulation...can stock up on crab legs late summer when Weis has sales and then can cook them up in the last run lounge..Nastar Glenn is in charge of the brown butter..I’ll bring the store brand spicy mustard. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Barb is my favorite ski resort owner..hands down!!!  She’s good at what she does and the ultimate undercover boss.  Not even blowing smoke up her ass game recognize game.  

Back in the day Blue had a contest where the winner got to ride with a groomer at night time..while that’s rad..I’d rather win a contest where I got to help set up netting on the quad and six pack..it got both me and BenM yesterday....plus when the fishing pond is built they can use the netting for the Deadliest catch simulation...can stock up on crab legs late summer when Weis has sales and then can cook them up in the last run lounge..Nastar Glenn is in charge of the brown butter..I’ll bring the store brand spicy mustard. 

They are attempting to build another fishing pond?  The old pond nearly destroyed the PASR row 

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

it got both me and BenM yesterday

im cutting the spokes or whatever sticks out of the baskets off of my poles later today, someone said i needed some sort of basket, so i'm leaving a little bit of it on there. tired of getting caught in that netting.

24 minutes ago, Benm said:

im cutting the spokes or whatever sticks out of the baskets off of my poles later today, someone said i needed some sort of basket, so i'm leaving a little bit of it on there. tired of getting caught in that netting.

JLaw with his powder baskets is gonna get pawned..shits become more technical since before the holidays.  I rate the liftline at Booter mountain a double blue diamond.