3/4-3/5 weekend roll call thread.

If they are full closed after this Sunday, not even weekends, I won't be buying a pass after 2017-2018. I'll still ski there, but won't invest in a season pass knowing they're not invested in making the season as long as they can

Heard that complaint more than once. Past times that rely on weather are fickle.  

Yea so theyre not closing sunday.

You think the 15 year old who runs blues Facebook page knows??

Someone on Facebook said they saw an ad in the valley lodge advertising $17 lift tickets in 3/17 hmmmm maybe Nastar Glenn and Marty were blowing smoke up my ass saying 3/12...at least they aren't closing on 311 day..then Blue would definitely be all mixed up and wouldn't know what to do yuk yuk yuk.

Was just talking to an employee at blue. They know season passholders are hoping for at least an extra weekend or two. I said that if you close March 12 earliest closing ever passholders will be furious. Let's see if my power of persuasion helps.

I'll be f'ing pissed if they close Sunday. Taking all of our pass $ for next year then closing up shop shortly after would be a shit thing to do. Hoping it's a rumor Edited by RidgeRacer

I dunno. Thought being able to ski this year on next years pass is amazing. They dont owe us anything this year lol

You're right. Although I look at it this way. They now have people locked in for next season who perhaps wouldn't have purchased the pass had they known that Blue wasn't committed to staying open longer than bear creek. Honestly just hoping this is a moot point and they'll stay open. Blue is much better than closing on March 12th.

Either way I expect to be up March 12 to use my last Blue punch on my PS&R card, which will mean I basically maxed out the 3 cards I got, using 4 of the 5 tix on each (no Big Bear yet, maybe use that with the kids if they are still open on the 18th).

P.S. hit a new personal best total vertical for a ski season yesterday at CB, still 2 days shy of matching my record number of days.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

Either way I expect to be up March 12 to use my last Blue punch on my PS&R card, which will mean I basically maxed out the 3 cards I got, using 4 of the 5 tix on each (no Big Bear yet, maybe use that with the kids if they are still open on the 18th).

P.S. hit a new personal best total vertical for a ski season yesterday at CB, still 2 days shy of matching my record number of days.

Your record days is 21?

My best is 2006-07...119 days and 2.4 million vert. I skied more vert than that in 96-97 but way less days.

Yep my record days is 21. Never had a pass or a home or vacation home within an hour of decent skiing, and I work weeks. So 21 days out for a weekend warrior from NJ is not bad.

Not competing with pass holders who live in the shadow of a mountain, just with myself. And not really much of a competition there either, just an incentive to do more of something I love.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Yep my record days is 21. Never had a pass or a home or vacation home within an hour of decent skiing, and I work weeks. So 21 days out for a weekend warrior from NJ is not bad.

Not competing with pass holders who live in the shadow of a mountain, just with myself. And not really much of a competition there either, just an incentive to do more of something I love.

Way to get after it and your costs for the season are about as much as one fancy dinner for two.

Blue needs one of these. post-512-0-27894500-1488889812_thumb.png

• Like 1

Latest whisper I heard was the 19th.

good. I see highs in the low 30s all next week. they could pretty much blow top to bottom on razors for a week and be open for another month. 

I think this change of weather for the next week has hopefully swayed their opinion on closing this weekend.

• Like 3