Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

I liked trump before cause he was a fucking troll and riled up sandy vaginas and wet blankets but then he really didn’t do much of anything he said he’d do except the tax cuts..then he failed at corona which could affect our ski seasons and for sure the long term economy and I said he’s not doing a good job..doesn’t mean I like Biden but a potato or the dude from weekend at Bernie’s could beat trump in November.  Believe that. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

My argument is you and other people have been coming at my neck instead of having rational debate when i posted serious questions. Again, you and toast are attacking me cause I had an earlier opinion about Trump.  The reason I say attacking is because you and toast both know people fucking died cause AOC and deBlasio told them to go out in Nyc, the worst spot in the whole epidemic.  Y’all didn’t say anything about that, but came at me for being thankful president trump helped out the working class?  None of you are working class, so you wouldn’t understand how people having food on the table is helpful.  Again, I’m all about respect, and a lot  of pro-precaution people are as rude as the anti-maskers

Oh I agree DeBlassio screwed up. As did the NYC top health officials, as did Cuomo, as did Trump, as did the Republican governors of AZ, Georgia, FL, etc. as did mayors of major cities...the list goes on. The long list of screw ups from leaders across the country is 100% bi-partisan. What I have a problem with is people (not directed at you) thinking their guy or gal did everything right while the other guy or gal did everything wrong depending on the letter behind their name. Not enough people are honest enough to admit that the person they voted for made mistakes. My 2 cents here...but on a Federal level, the 30 / 90 days to stop the spread, daily news conferences, sending hospital boats etc. was all good. Then it all seemed to be forgotten about...no more daily briefings, a pointless rally in Tulsa, Fauci sucks, no setting an example by wearing a mask etc. and numbers surged in tandem. Threatening to pull funding from schools that don't open was absolutely mind boggling (as an FYI more kids have covid now than ever before). What I respect about Doug is that he's saying yeah the guy I supported is doing a bad job. I'm fairly certain that I know Jeff's political leanings as well and he, too, appears to be seeing things through a common sense lens as opposed to a partisan one. As opposed to being a "sell out" I find that commendable.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Has anybody actually sat inside a restaurant yet to eat?

Yes, a few times.  One restaurant twice - I called before going just to check the reservation situation and both times they told me there were only 2 or 3 tables occupied.  

The other place I ate we just stopped in to check the situation before eating there.  Again, only a few tables occupied.  

They seemed to be on top of cleaning more and tables were really spaced apart.   Not sure what it'd look like if it was at "full" (25%?) capacity.

I went to a local lunch place the other day. Had to make a reservation and it was very limited capacity. Instead of menus they just gave us a QR code in a small piece of paper. But it was hard to read the menu on my phone without my glasses.

Different parts of CO are so mixed in their mask compliance. It is required throughout the whole state but as I road trip places often it is mixed. Where I am here in Granby, the camp hosts never wear masks and they are older and dealing w so many people per day.

People are always curious about my camper and I have had about 7 different groups of people come over to ask if they can see it. Only one lady came over masked. The rest I said the same thing, happy to show it to you if you come back with a mask. Some did, some said “that’s ok” but continued to walk around it with me at a distance which I thought was rude. Bottom line, nobody in this campground is wearing masks. Went to Grand Lake yesterday and it was 1/2 and 1/2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Barb said:

I went to a local lunch place the other day. Had to make a reservation and it was very limited capacity. Instead of menus they just gave us a QR code in a small piece of paper. But it was hard to read the menu on my phone without my glasses.

Different parts of CO are so mixed in their mask compliance. It is required throughout the whole state but as I road trip places often it is mixed. Where I am here in Granby, the camp hosts never wear masks and they are older and dealing w so many people per day.

People are always curious about my camper and I have had about 7 different groups of people come over to ask if they can see it. Only one lady came over masked. The rest I said the same thing, happy to show it to you if you come back with a mask. Some did, some said “that’s ok” but continued to walk around it with me at a distance which I thought was rude. Bottom line, nobody in this campground is wearing masks. Went to Grand Lake yesterday and it was 1/2 and 1/2.

This isn’t the time to meet new friends.  

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Sat inside last weekend when I was up at Lake Wallenpuapack.(was hoping for an outside seat but the wait was very long already) First time in a restaurant in months. Only a handful of tables, no one sitting near me. Only person even remotely close  was the masked up server who was quite nice.

Never once felt nervous or unsafe. 

22 minutes ago, Barb said:

Bottom line, nobody in this campground is wearing masks.

we camped at Locust Lake a few weeks ago, saw one group of campers masked the whole long weekend. I had one with me but never wore it either and never really felt threatened. never really  came within 6' of anyone either other than some kids petting the dog for a minute or two.

No inside dining for us yet, three outside meals plus a few outside trips to Lost Tavern

Edited by mbike-ski
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I dined indoors for the first time this weekend at PJs.  Usually I would choose outdoor dining to be safe, but it was a date so I didn’t want to risk sweating.  The indoor dining was actually more socially distant than the outdoor dining 

Who's the lucky lady? Does she ski? 

10 minutes ago, Schif said:

Who's the lucky lady? Does she ski? 

8 minutes ago, Shadows said:

probably met on worldstar

It was a girl I met on Hinge.  She doesn’t ski but no biggie.  I’d actually rather date someone who doesn’t have a lot on common with me, as I’m a jackass.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My parents have been bugging me to visit all summer. I finally said ok I’ll come Labor Day weekend now my mom said I need to take a Covid test before I visit.  I said does that me you, dad, sister, bro in law, niece and nephew are all gonna get tested as well.  Fuck that I’m just not gonna visit. 

• Haha 1