2020-21 Blue Opening Day Stoke Thread!!!

saltyant

32 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Or even just a burger stand/grille to go outside.  I’d grab something every day that you don’t cook!  I’m always starving on my drive home and like something greasy to soak up the beer.

Yeah, I was thinking they would be smart to contract in some food trucks and really push it this year, but would rather see them figure something out and hang on to more of the money themselves. Love supporting the other local businesses too, but I would see food trucks as a way to relieve crowd/line pressure on their own cafe vs this year when they need to figure a way to actually increase the number of people who would use the cafe

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Yeah, I was thinking they would be smart to contract in some food trucks and really push it this year, but would rather see them figure something out and hang on to more of the money themselves. Love supporting the other local businesses too, but I would see food trucks as a way to relieve crowd/line pressure on their own cafe vs this year when they need to figure a way to actually increase the number of people who would use the cafe

Agreed. I think there are a lot of ways they can make this work to some extent, but it would probably take a little bit of an investment as well. 

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm guessing it was awful since no one is stoked enough to write a report. Probably cookies everywhere, 90 minute waits, and no golf cart deliveries of hot cocoa.

They're all still there.  It was cookied up.  Crowds were pretty light while we were skiing.  

IMG_3768.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

they must have been blowing on homestretch and the park that dumps you on the other side of the 6er this morning (lots of guns were going off), that park trail is covered. nothing else looked white (lazy mile etc). hopefully they get it open soon.

pic might make it look grassy but it's just the lighting on the piles.

valley.png

Edited by Benm
  • Like 2

When I was down in the lower lot to drop my splitboard of fat the tune shop there looked like a decent amount of coverage by the sixer..

The splitboard was a really hit at the tune shop..Couple of dudes had to come out and look at it and talk about how to tune it..I think it's the first time they've seen one...

• Like 6

On 12/7/2020 at 10:38 AM, toast21602 said:

You can still do it. Use the gift card to take your family to dinner there one day or pick up take out.

Done. Stopped by Buckmans on the way to Philly today. They were out of vouchers by noon so I had to go back after 5 when they got more in. Apparently they're pretty popular.  The pass isn't valid on weekends before 3 but who cares. Its a steal at 179.

• Like 2
  • Love 1