1/24...nice snow..sausage Sunday.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, PSUFly said:

Great day.  Snow was pretty good except for Falls.   Did a bunch of runs with Antman and TP4.  Excellent lunch provided by enjorales and a few beers in the lot

Nice meeting and riding with you today. 

1 hour ago, Hayata said:

Great day snow on most trails was really pretty good the falls sucked lol. 

PSU and I had a simultaneous adventure on Falls today. As I slide on my rear end for the top 5 yards of Falls, I watched him get cut off by a skier at the bottom of Falls. He avoided it nicely though. 

• Like 2

Great Sunday, even though I rolled in late. Snow wasn't bad. I felt guilty for only going two runs so as I was driving home I wound up pulling in the upper lot, parking right next to the lodge and going back out for a few more mediocre runs. How anyone can actually enjoy 2pm at Blue mountain is beyond me. 3D snow everywhere and out of control people absolutely everywhere. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Schif said:

Great Sunday, even though I rolled in late. Snow wasn't bad. I felt guilty for only going two runs so as I was driving home I wound up pulling in the upper lot, parking right next to the lodge and going back out for a few more mediocre runs. How anyone can actually enjoy 2pm at Blue mountain is beyond me. 3D snow everywhere and out of control people absolutely everywhere. 

This explains it, I was surprised to still see you out after 2 pm on the Main St chair when I was riding with my Brah. Yeah, the snow was really nice all morning but by afternoon it definitely got choppy and icy in spots due to the high volume of traffic. Lots of jerries out especially on Lazy Mile. Challenge was still nice even by 2:30, we did plenty of runs on it and hardly anyone was on it all day. Falls was crap, though, but at least it's short. We witnessed ski patrol assisting some herbs down the Falls.

20210124_124542.thumb.jpg.53e00e13680b49c6e056880f64d41af1.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

This explains it, I was surprised to still see you out after 2 pm on the Main St chair when I was riding with my Brah. Yeah, the snow was really nice all morning but by afternoon it definitely got choppy and icy in spots due to the high volume of traffic. Lots of jerries out especially on Lazy Mile. Challenge was still nice even by 2:30, we did plenty of runs on it and hardly anyone was on it all day. Falls was crap, though, but at least it's short. We witnessed ski patrol assisting some herbs down the Falls.

20210124_124542.thumb.jpg.53e00e13680b49c6e056880f64d41af1.jpg

With lower sidewinder closed for the smartstylers I’m sure a lot of people accidentally ended up on the falls from lazy mile.  Seems like your brah is really into skiing.  If you get him to buy a season pass at Blue you get that commish. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

With lower sidewinder closed for the smartstylers I’m sure a lot of people accidentally ended up on the falls from lazy mile.  Seems like your brah is really into skiing.  If you get him to buy a season pass at Blue you get that commish. 

Yeah, that must be why. He loves skiing and had a grate time today. He said he might get a Blue pass some day, but might go the Ski2Live route and get an Epic or Ikon pass to go out west since he likes to go to different mountains a lot.

Edited by saltyant

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yeah, that must be why. He loves skiing and had a grate time today. He said he might get a Blue pass some day, but might go the Ski2Live route and get an Epic or Ikon pass to go out west since he likes to go to different mountains a lot.

Is he a pretty new skier?

3 hours ago, Schif said:

When we pulled the plug at noon, the snow was still very skiable and we were really sorry to go. Unfortunately the lines grew out of control. Our last wait for express was 20 mins, and that's when we said that enough is enough. To make things worse, the attendants have really stopped trying to fill the chairs. One young guy was just sending couples and even singles to ride by themselves on the six-pack, and nobody seemed to care.

- Two? After them.

- Single? Go!

Damn it.

Edited by eaf
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, eaf said:

When we pulled the plug at noon, the snow was still very skiable and we were really sorry to go. Unfortunately the lines grew out of control. Our last wait for express was 20 mins, and that's when we said that enough is enough. To make things worse, the attendants have really stopped trying to fill the chairs. One young guy was just sending couples and even singles to ride by themselves, and nobody seemed to care.

- Two? After them.

- Single? Go!

Damn it.

Their policy is they won't make people sit together who didn't come together. My friend and I mostly rode the quad and 6 pack with no one else all morning and afternoon, despite the long line behind us, because we're afraid of the COVID-19.

The season pass lane for the quad wasn't too bad, but for the 6 pack it seemed the general public was getting in too, so it was pointless. I heard the lift attendants talking about that and I complained so hopefully they fixed it.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, eaf said:

When we pulled the plug at noon, the snow was still very skiable and we were really sorry to go. Unfortunately the lines grew out of control. Our last wait for express was 20 mins, and that's when we said that enough is enough. To make things worse, the attendants have really stopped trying to fill the chairs. One young guy was just sending couples and even singles to ride by themselves on the six-pack, and nobody seemed to care.

- Two? After them.

- Single? Go!

Damn it.

Dude they aren’t trying to fill chairs this season...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eaf said:

- Two? After them.

- Single? Go!

Damn it.

They stated two months ago that is what they are going to be doing this season.

34 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I’ll ride up with someone I don’t know if I’m alone. 3 people tops on 6 pack, as long as we all keep masks on. The attendants always ask first. 

Yeah, that's the thing. Sometimes they do, but that guy was just too lazy to even bother. It was easier for him to wave his hand and just send another group of 2 to take the entire bench than to ask if someone else would be OK riding with them. And two pairs on a 6-pack would fit lovely. Like two pairs of lovebirds on a perch.

And hell, most people really are reasonable, all you have to do is to ask. There are some individuals of course who seem to think that unless they get the entire bench to themselves the nasty COVID will crawl out of the neighbor's ass and will get to them before they're even half way up. I'm super puzzled how these folks just don't drop dead holding their breath while they're standing in this super-long self-induced line and don't throw away their clothes each time they get home from skiing.

• Boner City 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Their policy is they won't make people sit together who didn't come together. My friend and I mostly rode the quad and 6 pack with no one else all morning and afternoon, despite the long line behind us, because we're afraid of the COVID-19.

The season pass lane for the quad wasn't too bad, but for the 6 pack it seemed the general public was getting in too, so it was pointless. I heard the lift attendants talking about that and I complained so hopefully they fixed it.

If you were offered to share 6-pack with another pair and you declined, I'm inclined to call you a paranoid fool 'cause you chose to breath same air with a tons of other people foot away instead of leaving them behind and enjoying the breeze.

• Sad 1