Aspen Stoke

AtomicSkier

Today was awesome. Doug isn't into hiking or skiing the steeps, so we split up pretty early.

Johnny eyeing up his line...Doug staying away from the edge LOL

Me ripping down below Gowdys...

img6.jpg

It was pretty deep...

Rinse and repeat for Johnny...

should have skied that little chute. and doug, really?

should have skied that little chute.

I thought this too, but the reality is it's not clean. It's an air in, a smear turn, another turn and then killing all your speed in the mini-apron to avoid blowing out your knees on the traverse. Without the traverse it's an A+ mini-golf line for anyone with balls. As is, it's a sketchy grade C, because the best would be turns are in the mini-apron.

To my defense, like I said before, I've never been out west and have no idea what ticket prices are in colorado/Utah/ Montana, therefore I thought that was a good deal considering most places in Vermont are that expensive for 4 or 5 days with less terrain. Just an assumption. Sorry if I made myself look like an idiot haha.

To my defense, like I said before, I've never been out west and have no idea what ticket prices are in colorado/Utah/ Montana, therefore I thought that was a good deal considering most places in Vermont are that expensive for 4 or 5 days with less terrain. Just an assumption. Sorry if I made myself look like an idiot haha.

not at all. just based on my years of skiing and travelling, CO is about the most expensive place I've been for ski trips. the terrain still looks super fun though.