Jump to content

the pics from today thread


Justin

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Kyle did you hit something.  I don’t quite get it. 

Road paint. PENNDOT painted new lines on a road i drive down, no signs, nothing. Tons of people got their cars covered in it. This was minimal compared to some of the other people. Could’ve put a road paint claim in to penn dot but that would’ve been more of a headache than just trying to remove it myself 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Free find of the weekend on a local yard sale website. Wand was broken and it leaked pretty bad.  $24 wand from Lowe’s and a $8 connector and she’s back up and running. I love people who would rather just buy something new than try to figure out how to fix what they have  

D3391216-0A04-4E7D-989B-367BB7DB890C.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Free find of the weekend on a local yard sale website. Wand was broken and it leaked pretty bad.  $24 wand from Lowe’s and a $8 connector and she’s back up and running. I love people who would rather just buy something new than try to figure out how to fix what they have  

D3391216-0A04-4E7D-989B-367BB7DB890C.jpeg

Are you excited for bible school?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s probably why I have so many friends...I’m only famous in a four block radius in Allentown though and sometimes at Blue mountain. 

4 block radius from the elementary school? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally have a shed and put a coat of stain on the kids playhouse/swingset.  I was going to post this in the weather thread with the rest of the deck/yard pics but I didn't want to further derail the thread unlike some of you hooligans 🚂🤘

20210605_135806.jpg

20210605_135835.jpg

20210605_140303.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Schif said:

I saw a bridge.

PXL_20210606_021358535.jpg

Proposed to my wife at that spot. Built with Bethlehem Steel. SF is a fun city and there is great hiking in the Golden Gate national recreation area. Have fun!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recently saw something that they replaced the rungs and put them too close together so now the bridge makes a humming noise 24/7 from the wind and can be heard for miles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Built with Bethlehem Steel.

Ironic. Just yesterday a really old picture of the Golden Gate Bridge popped up on my IG feed and I noticed it was stamped “Bethlehem Steel”. Naturally I looked into it and found out that it was indeed built with Bethlehem Steel, which I found interested because of the distance separating the two. I thought about posting it here but figured nobody would’ve cared or already knew. Haha. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Ironic. Just yesterday a really old picture of the Golden Gate Bridge popped up on my IG feed and I noticed it was stamped “Bethlehem Steel”. Naturally I looked into it and found out that it was indeed built with Bethlehem Steel, which I found interested because of the distance separating the two. I thought about posting it here but figured nobody would’ve cared or already knew. Haha. 

I enjoy industrial history stuff and my dad worked for Bethlehem Steel and was an electrician that rebuilt the Steel's engines. This was an article that just came out in the local paper. I wanted to post it but forgot, so thanks for the reminder. Can't wait to drive this thing sometime this summer 👌

IMG_1414.thumb.jpeg.80d552345285417563e5a0ba5c67b88d.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I enjoy industrial history stuff and my dad worked for Bethlehem Steel and was an electrician that rebuilt the Steel's engines. This was an article that just came out in the local paper. I wanted to post it but forgot, so thanks for the reminder. Can't wait to drive this thing sometime this summer 👌

IMG_1414.thumb.jpeg.80d552345285417563e5a0ba5c67b88d.jpeg

You get to drive that?  WTF?  i wanna drive that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The highlight of my Bethlehem Steel career was working up in Homer Research labs and getting to go up into the observatory during lunch and look over the entire Lehigh Valley.
Wish there were cellphones with cameras back in those days...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean it could mean nothing but new telephone poles and piping. 

Can't remember if the poles were there. Someone cross ref with Jeff's vid

IMG_20210612_1109000.jpg

IMG_20210612_1050348.jpg

Edited by Benm
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...