Zee Lights

skifreak

my take
NY / North 78 NJ Day Trippers - Camelback / Shawnee / Maybe JFBB
NY/NJ/PA People with Second Houses - Camelback / JFBB
SEPA / South 78 NJ - Blue / JFBB
Montage - Only people from Lackawanna and Luzerne Counties

Except if you like bumps. Hang at barneys long enough Blue has people coming from all over, especially at end of season when they bump up razors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

And actually, those bounce houses aren't necessarily even shut down.  I've been taking my kids almost every week to one.  They have to wear masks, but is open as usual.

I had no idea they actually existed.  I sort of just made that up thinking some people wouldnt know what sky zone was.  

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

And actually, those bounce houses aren't necessarily even shut down.  I've been taking my kids almost every week to one.  They have to wear masks, but is open as usual.

Beat me to it.  A lot of my FB friends have kids bday parties at places like that. Dave and Busters just opened in Whitehall and apparently has been packed.  People have ants in their pants. 

44 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

42 degrees in Allentown and still blowing wow 

It doesn't look like all of Burma, maybe top of it (I think). 

In certain light it looked like they were blowing up top near the sixer. I can see something is happening up there (not challenge or razors)

Edited by Benm

1 minute ago, Benm said:

It doesn't look like all of Burma, maybe top of it (I think). 

In certain light it looked like they were blowing up top near the sixer. I can see something is happening up there (not challenge or razors)

Early season they just seem to run fan guns wherever they have them if temps allow since it’s just water and no compressed air for them to go. 

36 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Good thing Blue isn't in A town.

Usually Blue is only 5-6 degrees colder than in the A...humidity is just so low so they are blowing in like 33-34 degree temps.  That’s my boy Blue. Bear creek was blowing yesterday morning. They might be able to get a bonk yard open for Xmas 

18 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

It will be just a regular day at Montage even with the restrictions....It's never crowded.....But I wonder with limited capacity at other mountains will Montage see more visitors....

Its my opinion blue and camelsack will be mostly at capacity, and the overflow goes to jfbb and montage. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

It will be just a regular day at Montage even with the restrictions....It's never crowded.....But I wonder with limited capacity at other mountains will Montage see more visitors....

The slopes and lifts are never crowded but the lodge is a sh!t show. It's usually the locals bringing their kids to tube and they also bring the whole extended family with them who sit in the lodge and take up all the tables. I guess it won't be bad if you boot up at your car and avoid the lodge.

24 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

The slopes and lifts are never crowded but the lodge is a sh!t show. It's usually the locals bringing their kids to tube and they also bring the whole extended family with them who sit in the lodge and take up all the tables. I guess it won't be bad if you boot up at your car and avoid the lodge.

Facts. As a kid when I was just getting into snowboarding I would go up with local ski clubs and instead of doing any kind of carpool or just a drop off, all of us kids would get driven up there on Friday nights by our parents who would then all congregate in the lodge and hang out all night while the kids snowboarded. No parent ever skied a single run but every week 10 kids skiing meant 20 people taking up a big table in the lodge all night long. 

50 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Yep - having a season pass there was great since I could just park at the top of the North Face and get right on the snow instead of dealing with walking to the crowded lodge and getting my ticket.

The only times I went into the lodge was to use the bathrooms.  The pub there (Slocum Hollow) was rarely very crowded.