Zee Lights

skifreak

Yes it's still open with an experts only sign. Very good packed pow with some rando fluff around. 
Some boomer was given shadows the business about the lift line and then last run another even older dude came over to talk to me about the falls. [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]
I swear it's the same random every year that feels the need to hunt me down in the lift line to talk about falls. Part of me wants to chase him down in the line and lecture him about how shitty he skis but I lack his over inflated sense of entitlement. 

yOU nEeD A SPoTTeR iF yOU wAnT tO sKI lIKe tHAt [emoji854]

I had a Karen this year too
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

yOU nEeD A SPoTTeR iF yOU wAnT tO sKI lIKe tHAt emoji854.png

I had a Karen this year too

It wasn't even a good send, falls was pretty uneven, the winch cat is busted and stuck on the crossover.  I had half a mind to want to go back up and really giver, if I'm going to be yelled at about something I want to have least earned it. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

It wasn't even a good send, falls was pretty uneven, the winch cat is busted and stuck on the crossover.  I had half a mind to want to go back up and really giver, if I'm going to be yelled at about something I want to have least earned it. 

Gotta be like this guy!!!

45C1390F-C2CC-4923-B032-8C8FB1E6C5B7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

13 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

, the winch cat is busted and stuck on the crossover.  

i forgot this, but it was there Tuesday morning, and if i had to take a guess, this is why Challenge, Falls, Sidewinder, etc were not groomed Tuesday, not because they wanted us to experience western like conditions. 

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Benm said:

i remember the guy last year that came to us in the line bitching about falls. i just stared at him while he spoke like i didn't understand english.

i don't give a fuck that you and your kid decided to have a picnic at the top of it. 

Better than the usual, having a picnic 20' down from the top of it so you can't see them until you crest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I hate that Challenge/Crossover intersection...Parents and there little crotch goblins just ski right on to Challenge without looking up to see what's comming....or dad taking little Johnny son of a bitch to falls so he can ski a 'black diamond" run...

Assholes. People never seem to look up to see what’s coming. Would be like merging onto 22 blind and at 10mph

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Morning tickets are already sold out for this Saturday. 

They're gonna have to expand the mountain, like in those top secret plans, to handle the additional demand. Since they're making bank this year it shouldn't be too much trouble for them...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, saltyant said:

They're gonna have to expand the mountain, like in those top secret plans, to handle the additional demand. Since they're making bank this year it shouldn't be too much trouble for them...

I actually wonder, if Covid year turned out to be more profitable for them than past years. The reservation system looks more of smoke and mirrors than a working tool to limit crowds. New 4-hour and 8-hour tickets, the latter being $109 on weekends unless you buy almost a month in advance. People having more time on their hands to actually come and ski. All Pocono discount cards cancelled. Even weather turned to their advantage, hardly anybody remembers to check snowmaking pools these days.

Can't wait for next year season pass prices. I'm sure, the dividends will be huuuuge!

I actually wonder, if Covid year turned out to be more profitable for them than past years. The reservation system looks more of smoke and mirrors than a working tool to limit crowds. New 4-hour and 8-hour tickets, the latter being $109 on weekends unless you buy almost a month in advance. People having more time on their hands to actually come and ski. All Pocono discount cards cancelled. Even weather turned to their advantage, hardly anybody remembers to check snowmaking pools these days.
Can't wait for next year season pass prices. I'm sure, the dividends will be huuuuge!

Agree except for lost wedding revenue etc. but ski wise yeah I think you’re correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

No next season when everybody is vaccinated they’ll be able to fully load the lifts so shorter liftlines but the trails will be busier. Or we have a normal ski season where it rains every other weekend and isn’t that crowded. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 hours ago, eaf said:

I hope they charge $1,000 for season passes next year.  I’ve heard they sold double as many season passes this year as last year and they were on sale well into the ski season. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue has to meet some sort of equilibrium with their season pass pricing.  $429 is to low, they are leaving money on the table.  Maybe $600 early bird.  

if you could guarantee this year's conditions next year, sure.

otherwise, 600 early bird = 750/800 regular = approaching epic prices for blue mt = lol 

• Like 1