2/20/22...nice snow

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Today was sooo dope I've just arisen from my post pph nap. Snow was light-years better than yesterday, switch second run the skis were just all gas where you can get nice air off the two ledges and come out to main feeling like you couldn't possibly go any faster.

Side was so nice full width where you can really push on the lower section.

Pph as always was most excellent though it was a little bit like taking Wayne Gretzky to play at the rink in Vorhees with Enjo. 

Super super super good day and another super reserection of the snow.

Mad vibes to the person getting flighted, super sobering and I feel like it's been awhile.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Took the quad up looking for a repeat of yesterday’s early run, but as we passed overtop Razors, decided that looked prime for a rip.   As we got off the quad and headed for Razors, a couple of SP waved us off saying the trail was closed for race training.  Oh well, Challenge was smooth and fast regardless.
Took the quad back up again headed for CS, but as we came up to the Falls, saw people coming down Razors, WTF??  Just as we hit the corner of Razors, we saw someone in the trees and someone else yelling for SP.  Other BMR coaches at the top of Razorback seemed to be telling at the people coming down Razors.  As we got to the top, we saw BMR w/ poles at the top of Razors so we figured it closed, but stopped at SP shack to find one already getting the toboggan out and heard about the person in the woods.  
A quick run down Sidewinder and back to the quad.  As we rode up and over the scene, SP was working to extract the person who had gone off the trail right below the hump in the corner.  Later, another person we know saw the whole incident.  Evidently two people were going down Razors and hit the hump and their skis came off and skidded into the woods.  The person following also hit the hump and lost their skis but didn’t go off the trail.  After that, they stopped loading the quad until they removed the person.
Later on we heard from another SP that the person had regained consciousness and was breathing ok before being flown out.  Hoping for the best!
Main and Lazy had some very nice snow on the edges.  Coming Soon was meh as they didn’t seem to have blown much on it.  Barney’s were bulletproof.  Switchback was fast as usual and probably run of the day.

• Like 4

Super fun morning on the skis....Besides the great conditions, when I was riding the six I got to hear @AtomicSkier yell "you ski too f#cking slow" at someone...and then saw @saltyant have a slight mishap at the top of challenge...Also saw some guy skinning up Homestretch....Long morning sesh made my legs tired,but it's always fun to get on the skis..Would have liked to have made lunch at Point Phillips but had some family stuff to do....You don't give too much thought when the ambulance rolls in but when the choppa comes in you know it's prolly some bad stuff...Vibes to whoever was getting flown out....Life can blindside you pretty quick.

20220220_094351.jpg

20220220_094357.jpg

20220220_101903.jpg

20220220_102211.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As everyone said.. hope the person flown out is doing ok. My 2nd lift ride up the quad ended up being with ski patrol.  They got the call to make their way to Razors right as we got in the lift.  Outside of the first patroller down with the sled, these were the closest patrollers.  When we got to the top of the lift I hung on the chair as long as possible to give them free runway since I was on the right side of the chair.

After doing a second run down Main St, I got to the bottom to see the quad closed.  Since I hate waiting in lift lines, i made the decision to head over to the beginner slope.  I don't have the discipline to ride switch on the rest of the mountain.  I'm getting better at switch, but let me tell you it is really weird doing everything switch... even riding the lift and skating..

Too bad, I missed the good snow..Upper Main St was really nice, but the switch 'training' was long overdue. 

• Like 1

Got a late start. If you ask Schif, he’ll say it’s because there’s a 0.0% of me ever waking up on time …

putz’ed around Philly area and did a late afternoon ice skating session at Bleu

as we past BMDI, there was a string of cars coming down from the mountain

442A6781-FA34-421E-8512-E71D0E09BDEB.thumb.jpeg.4fa69985e5b094881bb8f705a5783f47.jpeg

it was sugar and ice. And lots of people. But the sunset was was rad.

28A8774D-5A38-4CFA-891F-C1D8D27675E6.thumb.jpeg.1cb910bda1432a3b4249bd9f58fb6467.jpeg

32D6C22E-6506-439F-94EC-3A242BEC5384.thumb.jpeg.eb3e9e3c2814ae3c42af25048d76ae3f.jpeg

C65E5257-81DE-4C87-BE9D-81CFBABEDE0A.thumb.jpeg.28a8923db2a266e1489d7d532c86315e.jpeg

The upper lodge was looking fun.

463B5D43-6B84-4BE4-8CC0-367CD65E9E1F.thumb.jpeg.61dfa3229e3172ef2afaf6e985da7f8b.jpeg

headed back to the car and am enroute to Schifs Mamas in NEPA for the quintessential culinary experience of pizza and/or Gerritys.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

+++VIBES+++ That's why people should never ever duck the rope to Razor's Edge.

On 2/10/2022 at 9:38 PM, saltyant said:

I left at about 8:06 when they shut the 6 pack down. I ran Razors even though there was a stupid "rAcE tRaInInG iN pRoGrEsS" sign despite not seeing a single person on it all night. Boy, did Razors suck the big one tonight.  0 stars out of 10.  Wao!

tenor-215844661.gif.1f12ec05746eb32de2fdabc95e22aa93.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1