Saturday 12/30/23…coming soon is ok.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m finished with another session at Blue mountain the true mountain. This report is actually being written in the lot at Blue as I just quit and am the only one in the lot.  I arrived at the lower lot before 720 and it was overcast and 33 degrees.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, Indiggio, Tarpenhead, Matt Edge, Dirtwolf, NMSki, Tommy, Enjorales, Mixilplix, TP4, Pops and many others.  

First went to the super safari six pack and wasn’t first chair as there were gate issues.  Easy out and vista were ok and midway still not terrible but lower Main Street was a mine field and cookies and dirt.  Then took the quad and coming soon was decent edgeable semi smooth hardpack and lower paradise was spicy.  I lapped that for the next hour or so and had my fill.  It’s not very crowded today considering it is a holiday.  

Now JFDan and BenM are in the lot so time does some fun lol

D65EFF29-4F99-4573-8EF6-FA50FCEB4263.jpeg

2BD828DA-D498-4A7D-8574-6FDBB35C4BE2.jpeg

AF8C42BF-5C0A-4100-A18F-8C47BE5DABA5.jpeg

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, Shadows said:

How high are you? 

Shadows stop trolling. You know me I get by with a little help from my friends, I get high with a little help from my friends and I’m gonna try with a little help from my friends.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3

I made my first jump turn of the season through the bumpers standing at the top of Coming Soon..BenM saw my agility..yes I’m an agile mofo except crossing streets and in bathrooms in ski boots..

I really didn’t want to go skiing today..but I was still happy I went and will go tomorrow…and then prob gonna go on NYD…it’s impossible to get Herpes if you don’t go out on NYE…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I made my first jump turn of the season through the bumpers standing at the top of Coming Soon..BenM saw my agility..yes I’m an agile mofo except crossing streets and in bathrooms in ski boots..

I really didn’t want to go skiing today..but I was still happy I went and will go tomorrow…and then prob gonna go on NYD…it’s impossible to get Herpes if you don’t go out on NYE…

Didn’t you go on a diet over the summer? Paying dividends taking skiing to another level 👍

• Like 1

kinda thought today was gonna be real bad.  it wasnt too bad.  but Coming Soon was the star of the show, and thats kinda it.  lower main was bombed out by a little after 9.  i think they will make it into monday with similar conditions and similar skeet spots.  Who knows what next week will bring.  

• Like 3

I actually witnessed this and it was grate.  Truly amazed at how agile @GrilledSteezeSandwich really is.  I thought for sure he was going to run right over @AtomicSkier's Kastles and a fight would ensue, but he managed to skirt through everyone without nary a scrape!

Took a run down Burma early for shits and giggles, yeah, nope.  It was like 6" deep sugar the entire run.  At least we didn't get whistled at by SP.

Midway/Lower Main was almost as scary with its cookies and suspect grooming.

Spent the rest of the day lapping Coming Soon.  At least skier's right ridge was playful.  Skier's left was a minefield of boulders with lots of sugar piles.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Didn’t you go on a diet over the summer? Paying dividends taking skiing to another level 👍

I’ve felt pretty good drove right by McDonald’s this AM..and had plenty of time for that or Wawa or sheetz made to order breakfast still have time for that and kept driving…and I @saltyant didn’t offer me a Yoo hoo. I’m hoping for a Capri sun one of these days..those are refreshing but the straw is tricky. 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I actually witnessed this and it was grate.  Truly amazed at how agile @GrilledSteezeSandwich really is.  I thought for sure he was going to run right over @AtomicSkier's Kastles and a fight would ensue, but he managed to skirt through everyone without nary a scrape!

Took a run down Burma early for shits and giggles, yeah, nope.  It was like 6" deep sugar the entire run.  At least we didn't get whistled at by SP.

Midway/Lower Main was almost as scary with its cookies and suspect grooming.

Spent the rest of the day lapping Coming Soon.  At least skier's right ridge was playful.  Skier's left was a minefield of boulders with lots of sugar piles.

I’m not at all surprised. Doug can be a svelte ninja on skis when he wants to be. I’ve witnessed it a few times this season alone.

• Like 3

Got there late with the boys for their forst go of the year, went to get on the super six and Thing 1's pass wouldn't scan. Sent Pops and Thing 2 on ahead, they were already through the gates and went in to have it fixed. Took about 15 minutes with about 4 parties in front of us so wasn't too bad. It took the rep like 8 tries to get it working though, so I was sure mine wouldn't be working when we got back out though, since we have the same name all all, I expected so.e sort of fuckery but it was good.

Went up and spotted Pops gettin on the Vista lift as we went up so waited for them at the top. Decided to lap Vista a bit instead of running Burma, so the boys could get some turns in at least. Did thst like 3 times and then took them over to the Summit school carpet where they ran laps for 45 minutes or so while we sat and watched and had a drink.

Skied down Burma to get back down to the lot, definitely sugar piles all over the place, but coverage was at least there even in the corners. And it wasn't toooo crowded 🙄:

Took the long way home and took them to McDougal's in Walnutport to make up for such a crappy first day and that one still has a PlayPlace so all in all a pretty good day for them.

Likely out on tomorrow, so Happy New Year all!

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 4

I’ve felt pretty good drove right by McDonald’s this AM..and had plenty of time for that or Wawa or sheetz made to order breakfast still have time for that and kept driving…and I @saltyant didn’t offer me a Yoo hoo. I’m hoping for a Capri sun one of these days..those are refreshing but the straw is tricky. 

Congrats on joining the bump crew. Part of your initiation is getting rid of your fat long skis and getting a tattoo. 

Wide skis are bad for zee knees . 

Spent 25 minutes in the bathroom mid session ferociously scrubbing the grease off my jacket that got on it from the lift.  As annoyed as I was, I got about 98% of it off.  Went to the hand dryer to dry the jacket off and got dirt from the wall on it…more scrubbing ensued smh.  Eventually got it clean and all seems to be well.  Worried the waterproofing on that particular area is now shot.  @toast21602 has been through this 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Spent 25 minutes in the bathroom mid session ferociously scrubbing the grease off my jacket that got on it from the lift.  As annoyed as I was, I got about 98% of it off.  Went to the hand dryer to dry the jacket off and got dirt from the wall on it…more scrubbing ensued smh.  Eventually got it clean and all seems to be well.  Worried the waterproofing on that particular area is now shot.  @toast21602 has been through this 

That's unacceptable lift grease practices by Blue the True. You should get a gift card for a new jacket or at least a hot toddy.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I had grease on the back of my jacket yesterday, I was pissed off scrubbing it off at home!  This explains it.

Edited by DiMe
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Congrats on joining the bump crew. Part of your initiation is getting rid of your fat long skis and getting a tattoo. 

Wide skis are bad for zee knees . 

I’m not on wide skis at blue generally.  96 under foot which feels like slalom skis to me.  Even most of the bumpers have got medium fat skis for 80% of the time when there aren’t bumps. 

Got there late yesterday. An 8am opening is too much for me when I work a 12 the day before. Also had some errands in the morning. Arrived just in time for the tailgate, which was tasty. Had good advice to stay on TCS. We lapped that 3 times, and went back out to the parking lot. I couldn’t believe how crowded it was! People bombing through the bumps, pizza wedging down, just too much mayhem for us. I don’t need to start retirement by being taken out by some clown. 

• Like 2