Today

zzslope

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Total FOMO for me and car wouldn’t start again so now car is at dealership and I’m driving this beauty. Better now than in a week when I need to get to the Newark airport.  

thanks for the reports all!!

CC2B7174-0D1D-4B11-BCE4-CF43A9AE439E.jpeg

Jeeze Steeze, now you have an SUV to drive to all the perder 

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah it’s super rad. The Impreza just doesn’t have enough ground clearance.  

I bought my Crosstrek from the same place in Allentown. They delivered it to my trailer near MacAdoodle which was rad. I wouldn't want to go back to a low clearance vehicle or even worse a Chevy ever again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Becky boo and I made it up around 1030 this morning. Four short runs later little one was ready to go. She was discouraged by the scrape spots she kept hitting on lazy. I had fun playing off to the side though. Headed back up for adults only session. 

• Like 7

Great ski day. Low lines, mini pow day. Main Street still had its ice softballs and crud, made carving a pain. Freefall was excellent, no popping off the lip of falls, but the snow was overall good and everyone in a good mood

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Best day at blue all season, what used to be an hr but is now 1 1/2 hr drive became 2 1/2 but it was worth it. 

Everything is good but pdis was an absolute carpet, almost silent skiing which is rare at blue. Lazy was efortless arc and park as it was a hair slow but still most excellent.

Crowds weren't bad first thing but they were definitely picking up throughout the morning. 

No matter my age there is still something about waking up to snow,  the bizarre weirdness of it, the sublime beauty and the transformative nature but even that is not as good as showing up to the hill and it actually looks like skiing. 

You and TP4 most dedicated PASRs..even though I didn’t ski today I enjoyed clearing the snow off my car, and doing some easy shoveling at work..yes it was light..and amazing that this very cold forecast is going to save the ski season..bigly..thanks Mother Nature..

Rode from 9:30-2:30.  Very fun riding natural snow.  Like Jlaw said, being in the ambience of natural snow is great.  Said hi to toast on the way out.  Drive took much longer than usual as lots of traffic on 30 bypass and northeast extension.  Roads were surprisingly bad in chester county, surprisingly good in Montgomery county, and ok in Lehigh valley.  Luckily the focus is a beast in the snow 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Jrwit said:

Great ski day. Low lines, mini pow day. Main Street still had its ice softballs and crud, made carving a pain. Freefall was excellent, no popping off the lip of falls, but the snow was overall good and everyone in a good mood

Didn’t realize it was you in front of me at the gates to start this morning. I’ll make sure to say hi next time

Edited by mute1080
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Boo Bear said:

The double dip this evening was…. Interesting. Nothing like the morning session. We ended up getting a drink mid way through the runs. 🥴

It was prob real icy and sugar piles??  I’m never a fan of later in the day on pow days…get in get out.  Leave the sloppy seconds and thirds to the TDH’s

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It was prob real icy and sugar piles??  I’m never a fan of later in the day on pow days…get in get out.  Leave the sloppy seconds and thirds to the TDH’s

No sugar but plenty of scrap spots and the good snow was all rollers. I would have been happy with it being bumped up but I guess we didn’t get enough snow.

Blowing on Chute and Widowmaker was noticeably new to me while still hitting the same trails they had going this morning

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mute1080 said:

No sugar but plenty of scrap spots and the good snow was all rollers. I would have been happy with it being bumped up but I guess we didn’t get enough snow.

Blowing on Chute and Widowmaker was noticeably new to me while still hitting the same trails they had going this morning

yea kinda weird the new snow compacted into washboard pumps everywhere and coming soon was ....closed for racing.

was gonna call it after 3 runs but then found some decent snow left side of main and did 3 last runs until they shut down the OG6 and the lines got too long

• Like 3