1-27 new terrain

RidgeRacer

Today turned out to be a super fun time....I too thought conditions were really good...It was sooooo nice to be able to ski from one side of Blue to the other on multiple trails...Yea I couldn't believe they made TP4 go all the way back to the scanners....

20240127_082000.jpg

• Like 7

As much as i thought today was gonna be good, i had the fear of super firm, somehow the snow set up even though it was 40 degrees out.  this was not the case.  today was good.  maybe not JH good, but today was good.  

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Solid day at Bleu.

Took some candids at the top @Johnny Law

IMG_5707.thumb.jpeg.11732acd6743a3c5c9b3554902160b7d.jpeg

IMG_5708.thumb.jpeg.94414f5b509ad8b16e9f105d65777df8.jpeg

got there around 8:30, skied 11 or so runs, and then had some beers in the row.

put skis back on, had some pocket beers, and got the half price pizza. We got the dreamweaver. But fan of it for $9.50. Not sure if any pizza is worth $19 though…

IMG_5714.thumb.jpeg.e01b1539c59858656036cc5d175acdb0.jpeg

IMG_5715.thumb.jpeg.9e59843c7888be56103da13f56d48eaf.jpeg

Love our starting skating faces.....it looks like it could be good pizza but the flavor is the question, domino's is pretty good which you can get anywhere and dirtwolf said Tony's in Palmerton is standard NY style stuff which is pretty good pizza. 

• Like 1

For anyone wondering about the tp4 fiasco, once again, lift ops could not get their shit together. Other chairs loading while upper lot-ers were rolling into the flats. Tp4s gate opens and he just moseys on down to the lift. Gets on the chair, they emergency shut down and make him get off - i believe he's past the end of the platform ( @theprogram4 please confirm) and make him skate back to the gates.

I get that shit happens but be transparent and at least offer an explanation. Otherwise it just looks sloppy.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Benm said:

For anyone wondering about the tp4 fiasco, once again, lift ops could not get their shit together. Other chairs loading while upper lot-ers were rolling into the flats. Tp4s gate opens and he just moseys on down to the lift. Gets on the chair, they emergency shut down and make him get off - i believe he's past the end of the platform ( @theprogram4 please confirm) and make him skate back to the gates.

I get that shit happens but be transparent and at least offer an explanation. Otherwise it just looks sloppy.

What time did they start loading the six pack??

17EA8066-9895-47C3-8236-C17FAB2A2BD4.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Benm said:

Correct.  I was on the chair and it had already left the terminal.  An employee literally forced me to jump off the chair and climb back up onto the platform and then made me skate back and go back behind the gates.  This was all after another employee had given me the ok to go through the gates and get on the chair (his exact words were “you’re good”.). I’m curious what KSL upper management would think hearing that an employee forced a customer to jump off the chairlift.

2 runs later the lifty said to me that he did it, and I quote, “to keep the masses happy as they were yelling.”  I re-iterated with him that another employee had literally told me I could go.

80% of me wants to swallow my pride and let it go, but 20% of me sees the scuff marks on my new pants after having to squeeze through the gates, (since my pass has already scanned initially before he made me go back), and wonders if KSL would be interested in hearing about an employee forcing a customer to jump off the lift after the chair had left the platform and making them climb up from the rocks onto the platform 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Correct.  I was on the chair and it had already left the terminal.  An employee literally forced me to jump off the chair and climb back up onto the platform and then made me skate back and go back behind the gates.  This was all after another employee had given me the ok to go through the gates and get on the chair (his exact words were “you’re good”.). I’m curious what KSL upper management would think hearing that an employee forced a customer to jump off the chairlift.

2 runs later the lifty said to me that he did it, and I quote, “to keep the masses happy as they were yelling.”  I re-iterated with him that another employee had literally told me I could go.

80% of me wants to swallow my pride and let it go, but 20% of me sees the scuff marks on my new pants after having to squeeze through the gates, (since my pass has already scanned initially before he made me go back), and wonders if KSL would be interested in hearing about an employee forcing a customer to jump off the lift after the chair had left the platform and making them climb up from the rocks onto the platform 

At least for the pasrs we were yelling for you to make it and then at them when they turned you around. 

I say speak your mind, the real actual issue is they don't seem to know how the gates work at the old 6er. The same thing happened where only the outside were open one day last week. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Johnny Law said:

At least for the pasrs we were yelling for you to make it and then at them when they turned you around. 

I say speak your mind, the real actual issue is they don't seem to know how the gates work at the old 6er. The same thing happened where only the outside were open one day last week. 

I need to salute the employee at the gates who had my back and tried to explain it to the lifty, who was having none of it.  Keep in mind, the next time they tried opening the gates, the same thing happened again, but this time to the guys on the other end, and the lifty came running out to yell at those guys lol

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I feel like it's a constant issue. I can't remember how many times this season, we have watched the quad load while gates were fucked on a six - or we were just stopped after loading. If it was a gate issue tp4 would have been on his Merry way while we'd all just be like wtf is going on. 

I know there were others with me when the one liftie was saying something about not getting a phone call, or maybe they got it but didn't understand whether or not to open the lift - while the quad was already sending people up. 

• Like 4

Today’s snow was great. Did a first run with Beckyboo before wac drop off. Clearly I don’t look at trail reports and was pleasantly surprised by the new terrain open, worked my way from NMDW, challenge, lazy and main before rinse and repeat. Really fun as the trails got more bump. Lower challenge was alittle wompy from the grooming but to be expected I guess. Had fun riding the chairs with lots of people visiting for the first time year, I stuck to the OG6 all morning and never waited more than 2 chairs to get on.  Crowds were light, took a snack break and then went out for 3 more runs before wac pickup. Didn’t realize how tired I was until about 1/2 way through the last fun. 

Becky and I were planning on a night session tomorrow but it looks like the rain has other plans since the mountain is closing at 4. Whomp whomp.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

I’m glad to hear this cause I was worried people would think I’m a Karen if I say something 

You should definitely complain. I don't give two craps if people call me a Karen, Johnson or Jim-Bob. If you don't complain nothing will change and the incompetency will continue unnoticed. At my hotel house the other night, I immediately complained to the corporate office after having to move rooms due to their contractors' loud, annoying construction right above my room at 9 o'clock PM.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I’m glad to hear this cause I was worried people would think I’m a Karen if I say something 

Definitely say something. You could easily have gotten hurt due to an incompetent, tyrannical lift moron.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I think I speak for the masses when I say what would have made us happy is that they let you go. Sending you back was dumb. 

• Like 3