3/14/24 Even more EMPTY

Dirtwolf

Back from another quick sesh this morning.  Rode from 9ish to 9:45 w/ Atomic.  Others were in da house as well.  Rode everything that was open and overall, it was a quite enjoyable corn harvest already this morning.  Bottom of Razors was a bit firm.  It will be interesting to see how the handle the precip coming tomorrow.  My guess is either closed 100% or a 4pm closing.  If open, see y'all in the AM.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@Ski2Live Live2Ski How is Hunter and Jack Frost?

Will find out about Hunter on Sat (unless Sun forecast clears up in which case I may do Sat and Sun at OKemo) - but by all accounts it is much better than PA. No passholder party, which would be a bummer if I liked parties more than skiing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Will find out about Hunter on Sat (unless Sun forecast clears up in which case I may do Sat and Sun at OKemo) - but by all accounts it is much better than PA. No passholder party, which would be a bummer if I liked parties more than skiing.

you are hardcore to drive to Vermont for what is basically Jack Frost North.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

The bumpers started another line on the west side below the end of current line. It extends about to the dogleg . 

Only opening I had was from 1-3 and by then they had bumps all the way to the bottom. 

Super nice day out,  everything you can ski was a dream of super soft. The sun was full Miami Beach and nobody was home. 

It will be interesting this weekend as its just Vista, razors, nmdw and maybe lazy but even they have issues getting there or getting back to the lift. 

Such a nice afternoon to ski but too hot for mid march

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Big pothole on Nightmare Dreamweaver, where they put the new drainage line in at the bottom of the top headwall. Initially the ski patrol blocked off the jump, forcing people to go on the slot to the left. But I think they were getting too close to the pole even then, so they closed the run. Hopefully they’ll do some maintenance and reopen it tomorrow.

Nice day, gave the people on the quad a show second to last run, sliding on my butt down Falls, fortunately not a yard sale. They ran Challenge lift for a few minutes, but never opened it. Chute was in good shape as well as most of Lazy (some gravel starting to show midway). 
IMG_8454.thumb.jpeg.5bee027a84785baaed7f18b8447b99e1.jpeg

IMG_8452.thumb.jpeg.d44e26453e00ee992e90c0d15e3eb55a.jpeg

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Hopefully they’ll do some maintenance and reopen it tomorrow.

mow that huge dumb fucking jump down and there will be more than enough to patch that hole

• Like 5

I’ve skied past 3 days. What fun! Folks were setting bumps all the way down Razors today. Lazy and bottom of Main not too bad. I saw the craziest thing, lots of folks poaching NM. I was on the lift and saw someone go head first into the big hole on NM, just below the jump. He was literally being held up by his snowboard. IDK what’s under there, but I was afraid he would drown The people in front of us called ski patrol, and we booked to the top of NM in case someone needed help getting him out. Turns out his friends got him out and they left. Then ski patrol came and were total Jack asses- threatening to pull everyone’s pass. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I’ve skied past 3 days. What fun! Folks were setting bumps all the way down Razors today. Lazy and bottom of Main not too bad. I saw the craziest thing, lots of folks poaching NM. I was on the lift and saw someone go head first into the big hole on NM, just below the jump. He was literally being held up by his snowboard. IDK what’s under there, but I was afraid he would drown The people in front of us called ski patrol, and we booked to the top of NM in case someone needed help getting him out. Turns out his friends got him out and they left. Then ski patrol came and were total Jack asses- threatening to pull everyone’s pass. 

I was at the top of Razors bumps with Billy when probably 10 kids went around the fence. 
It was clear that it was closed. Earlier I saw a patroller remove 3 poles from around the sinkhole as I would describe it if it’s the same hole that you were talking about. 
I can’t blame the patrollers for threatening to pull passes but wondering why they pulled the polls? 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

I was at the top of Razors bumps with Billy when probably 10 kids went around the fence. 
It was clear that it was closed. Earlier I saw a patroller remove 3 poles from around the sinkhole as I would describe it if it’s the same hole that you were talking about. 
I can’t blame the patrollers for threatening to pull passes but wondering why they pulled the polls? 

Poor @BillyG011 and was there a rope across the entrance to Nightmare or just a closed sign?

5A0DC4DE-7443-4FDF-A982-50D4801B321D.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

Wow. I was wondering why they didn’t just have bamboo on it. Saw everyone else poaching it so I took one thinking they didn’t care

• Like 1