Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

This is how you keep your customers updated. JFBB should take queues from MRG's front page...

While the latest forecasts are a bit sketchy to say the least it would appear that we might be seeing a glimmer of light at the end of our proverbial weather tunnel. It seems as though that this tunnel has been about as long as Andy Dufresne's tunnel to freedom in the Shawshank Redemeption. You know that one that he "crawled through a river of $h!* and came out clean on the other side". Hopefully we will emerge from this latest stretch of weather smelling like a rose too. The latest weather forecasts from the Single Chair Weather Blog isn't pretty in the short term but he says; "In spite of what will happen over the next 4-5 days I like how the back end of January looks." Lets really hope that Josh Fox is right this time so we can enjoy the balance of the winter as much as Andy and Red enjoyed their lives in Zihuatanejo. We certainly hope to re-open the main mountain just as soon as we possibly can. We know the current state of affairs is a bummer but please don't lose heart MRG skiers. Rest assured it will snow again, we will have powder days and we'll all be ripping up our legendary terrain soon enough. Thanks for your patience and, now more than ever,

• Like 1

Check highways, 87, 4, and whatever road that is through Whitehall should be fine. Parts of 100 will be shit and 107 maybe blown out.

Really gonna fuck them up.....sad

Whitehall/Fort Ann is 149. I will be driving that and up 100 come Monday AM. I'll let you know how the section is from K-Mart to the Bush.

well have fun man. I hope the conditions aren't too terrible to taint your first experience up there. now you just have to go out west.

Thanks man. They're supposed to get snow showers today so hopefully that freshens things up a bit. And I'm working on getting out west, I have a buddy that works at the canyons so I might be heading out that way over spring break.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty far our but the wife just messaged me that there is a chance for a large storm the 8-10th. Any of our resident weather buffs seeing anything about this?

That one shows up on the Euro as an Apps runner, most of the snow would be south of pa. Maybe 4-8" but that is so far out it's 90% fantasy. It could end up being nothing or a 12footer and everything in between.

Feb 4-6 there is 1.17" of water on the models......looks like warming issues, though models say 50's along the coast which is the kind of setup where central/northern PA get big snows.

Both of these are way to far out to say much of anything and with the NAO going positive the odds are not great. NWS is getting on board with a 4-6th storm, so far this week it's gone from a 10% to a 50% probability which is looking good.

EDIT: Lately PA north of Philly has been in the snow dome, you take a unicorn and a panda and make them fuck, you shave the resulting creature and get the yeti, jersey devil and bigfoot to knit you a literal dome. It is the rarest strongest material on earth apparently because for the last two years we can't really get any storms to break it.

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 2

What's the consensus on the 4th-6th? What changed?

Too warm for large sections of PA, maybe from Scranton north they will see all snow...maybe.....looks more like north of Albany will hold on snow and we will get some rain. I'm honestly hoping it comes in way too far east and misses us completely.

The Feb 8-10 possibility is really interesting.......

Pretty far our but the wife just messaged me that there is a chance for a large storm the 8-10th. Any of our resident weather buffs seeing anything about this?

I'm heading to VT on Tuesday, storm track going into wednesday looks promising so far. 8-16" is sounding pretty tasty if it pans out. 3-4 inches in the past 24 hours at Smuggs and it its snowing there right now.

• Like 3