the pics from today thread

Justin

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

Have you been out much?  I've got my new favorite route.  Fresh paving, awesome sweepers, and low traffic 😍

Unfortunately not.  I replaced the battery a few weeks back, but every day that I could get out was rainy or wet.

On 3/18/2020 at 5:32 PM, Kyle said:

Figured now is a better time than ever to fix the backyard that’s obviously been neglected for years. Bought a thatchet for $40 from Lowe’s and it does the job quite well. 

5711B26B-8224-4AC6-B473-58DD89AF1E78.jpeg

DA17C369-4343-403B-9C9A-6A08D23110FC.jpeg

Still patchy in some spots, but MASSIVE improvement on what the backyard once was. 

6C0EF82B-BC2E-4ABE-8758-97539CC92362.jpeg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

First cut!?!? I think I'm 8 in. You gotta alternate direction with those circles! But damn, the time lapse is great! I should try and do that next time.

i was going to do it last weekend but we had a fam emergency. the weekend before something else came up. it had to be done today. i do this pattern when my wife is busy and can't mow the front with a push mower. it's too large to mow that frequently prob 3.5 acre of mowable area.

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow well I guess gas is cheap so YOLO..my work has been cut twice. Two weeks ago and this last weekend.  

i think it's a 4 gal tank but yeah it's cheap. personally i think it's bullshit that what i put into a lawnmower is subject to road tax.

1 minute ago, Benm said:

i was going to do it last weekend but we had a fam emergency. the weekend before something else came up. it had to be done today. i do this pattern when my wife is busy and can't mow the front with a push mower. it's too large to mow that frequently prob 3.5 acre of mowable area.

i think it's a 4 gal tank but yeah it's cheap. personally i think it's bullshit that what i put into a lawnmower is subject to road tax.

Ah gotcha. Hope your family is well.

I never thought about that road tax included in gas costs but now I'm kinda pissed about it too. I'm going to think about that every time I fill up the gas can. Damnit. Fuck.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Benm said:

Get over it..that’s petty like Tom 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Benm said:

got my first cut in today. fortunately mower started without issue after sitting for months. i love time lapse. took almost 2 hours god damn

Why are there random cups just sitting around?

Hopefully refinishing the landing is on the to-do list as the boards are beginning to look a bit weathered.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Ah gotcha. Hope your family is well.

I never thought about that road tax included in gas costs but now I'm kinda pissed about it too. I'm going to think about that every time I fill up the gas can. Damnit. Fuck.

I have a JD diesel and buy non - taxed "dyed farmers fuel" from the local oil man, saves a lot.  Also Gator mulching blades are fantastic, you have to mow a little slower for best results.  About 2 acres...

• Like 3