Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Just now, NMSKI said:

Seems like the responsible thing to do, just wish that some of these tests were quicker results.  

Leaving the stare and returning with caution is less risky than going out to the local bar to see a band play inside.   Before they asked people who visited states like Florida to quarentine upon return and hardly anybody did.  I don’t see many people actually being tested or quarantining upon return unless there is serious enforcement.  

6 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I'd like to hear more about this.  Where is the livestock going that it can't go by truck?  There's no way its cheaper to transport via airline but what do I know.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/when-pigs-fly-they-want-drinks-leg-room-11605022688

Was on npr. Thats all i found

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Planning on fishing NJ a few more times this year.  I wonder if that will be frowned upon.  I fill up on gas before leaving PA and don't really stop at any stores/restaurants or come in contact with people, so I can't imagine I'd be putting myself/others at risk

You're putting all those poor fish at risk

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, PSUFly said:

Planning on fishing NJ a few more times this year.  I wonder if that will be frowned upon.  I fill up on gas before leaving PA and don't really stop at any stores/restaurants or come in contact with people, so I can't imagine I'd be putting myself/others at risk

Can you come up with a way to fudge it and say it's for work? 

image.png.e2ae5d901ed3b83bd327f69a1afc1e45.png

I could easily say I'm visiting possible clients or doing due diligence for a deal, but when I travel this winter I'm sure I'll get tested just to be a good citizen.  If I were you and just going fishing and not contacting people I would totally go for it.  

• Like 1

I don’t know wtf is going on in NJ but every time I see old friends posting pictures nobody is wearing masks. HS sports, kids are in arm as well as parents, people getting haircuts and nobody inside wearing masks. 

Edited by Barb

7 minutes ago, Schif said:

You're putting all those poor fish at risk

I didn't even consider the fish's feelings.  I'm a terrible person.

8 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Can you come up with a way to fudge it and say it's for work? 

image.png.e2ae5d901ed3b83bd327f69a1afc1e45.png

I could easily say I'm visiting possible clients or doing due diligence for a deal, but when I travel this winter I'm sure I'll get tested just to be a good citizen.  If I were you and just going fishing and not contacting people I would totally go for it.  

I'm not sure how I could find a way to link accounting/finance and fishing together haha.  I didn't have any issues the few times I fished NJ in the spring, so I think I should be ok, but I guess I'll find out.  

7 minutes ago, Barb said:

I don’t know wtf is going on in NJ but every time I see old friends posting pictures nobody is wearing masks. HS sports, kids are in arm as well as parents, people getting haircuts and nobody inside wearing masks. 

Yikes. I changed hairdressers because mine wouldn't wear a mask. Now I get my temp checked before entering and everyone inside has a mask on. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Yikes. I changed hairdressers because mine wouldn't wear a mask. Now I get my temp checked before entering and everyone inside has a mask on. 

We just had the one who did everyone's hair for our wedding come to our house and cut our hair outside in our backyard. Everyone wore masks still.

5 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

I'm not sure how I could find a way to link accounting/finance and fishing together haha.  I didn't have any issues the few times I fished NJ in the spring, so I think I should be ok, but I guess I'll find out.  

You could say you're traveling by boat through the state, thereby satisfying exemption D!

I think that is a part of it along with youth sports, indoor bars and dining, protests, rallys and I believe a lot are just a few couples getting together inside somebodies house to have food and drinks.  A lot of people are hugging like normal. I saw some guy give a friend a kiss in the cheek when she had a mask on. Weird wild stuff. 

Its been interesting to see how outdoor activities have fared over the summer. Both my girls play travel softball and I coach. It certainly hasn’t been business as usual and there have been precautions put in place, but they participated in practice and multiple tournaments since July and I’m not aware of a single case of transmission related to them. We’re talking dozens of teams at some of these tournaments and mixed levels of distancing. There were one or two scares that I heard of where a player had been in contact with someone who tested positive off the field, but they self isolated until they could test negative. My kids are in school 2x days a week for short days and knock on wood there have been no transmissions there either. Our HS has had a few.

The rising numbers don’t surprise me though. Some of the things we could get away with when we were outdoors aren’t going to fly over the winter. People are just tending to get complacent after get a false sense of security over the summer.
  • Like 1

That’s a south jersey thin. North jersey is masked up for the most part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Barb said:

The mask compliance down da shore isn’t as good as in Boulderado..different demographic of people. 

41 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Bring a clipboard with a piece of paper that says November 2020 AF’s if you get stopped, say you are doing an audit on asshole fish.  You’ll be good. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

15 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Ok, wonder how is blue gonna handle reimbursement for out of state season pass holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the majority of out of state passholders won’t follow this.  I don’t see people like Drew or Root missing out on precious vert to quarentine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I would say wrong on that one.  If airlines are not fiscally sound they’re gonna cut corners with safety procedures and replacing old planes..as somebody who flies a couple times a year with aspirations to fly a lot more, I want the airlines to do well. 

Fuck the airlines....

• Like 1
  • Love 1