Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

26 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Whats it gonna take for you the be the dirty cop?

3 car washes, 2 oil changes, 4 bags of Cheddar Horseradish kettle chips, a portable pizza oven for the lot?  am i getting there?

Did I miss something?  You're a smoker, you're eligible now.  Get your vaccine!

19 hours ago, NMSKI said:

I'm considering gaining 10 lbs so I can have a BMI over 30.  Was playing around with the calculator online and I didn't realize that "obesity" is strictly based on height and weight.  

I can help with this. Probably take longer than it will take for your group to come around though. 

I’m group 1C by essential worker qualification, signs up on the Lehman site. Didn’t realize BMI alone was a qualifier, would be in group like -1A for that, I used that online calculator and it had to use scientific notation to fit the number in the box. Checked out Doug’s link but all the dates are full. 

Oh well, it’ll come around.

13 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

my understanding (albeit limited; i'm just a lowly computer nerd, not an expert in fiscal policy) was that it's faster, easier, and therefore actually cheaper to just make a blanket policy that gives everyone the stimulus check than it is to go through the process of putting together a program and a team, figuring out who falls into what bracket, etc. only to inevitably have some people slip through the cracks on both sides anyway. 

Although I agree, I'll throw out there for conversation purposes the thought of tying it to those immediately unemployed.  I think they're going to be the first/worst hit and are going to file ASAP after being told their out of work.  You file, here's your check, oh and here's a letter to give to your landlord, bank, etc. to put a temporary hold on your payments.
It seems as though their policy already had in place plans to figure out bracketing, amounts, etc., so it seems to me the blanket already had some holes in it, no?

For those that may be interested/curious about second dose effects...

Skied around yesterday w/ Dr. friend who just had his second this past Wed.
He pre-med with some Motrin prior hoping to knock down any side effects that may occur.
Got the shot, but then later in the day all-over body aches/pains started kicking in. 
Knocked him down and out into bed for 48 hours with flu-like fatigue.
Got up Sat. and was good enough to ski.
YMMV.  Just so ya know.

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

He pre-med with some Motrin prior hoping to knock down any side effects that may occur.
Got the shot, but then later in the day all-over body aches/pains started kicking in. 
YMMV.  Just so ya know.

Approximate age?  I have a few Dr friends that are my age and have experienced no issues after their second.  Their older coworkers have, however.

7 hours ago, indiggio said:

YMMV.  Just so ya know.

When I got  my second shot, I took Motrin on my way to Blue, skied all day and felt good. Took Motrin again in the afternoon and before bed. Maybe I felt good because I was in my happy place. 

• Like 4

If you refilled a ticket online, you can just ski right up to the lift, right? That was the impression I got, and refilled the ticket via the web code, however the email (which I’m sure is generic) says to take the barcode to a kiosk and scan it. 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

If you refilled a ticket online, you can just ski right up to the lift, right? That was the impression I got, and refilled the ticket via the web code, however the email (which I’m sure is generic) says to take the barcode to a kiosk and scan it. 

When are you going to Blue. I have a pocket beer for you. 

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

I couldn't figure this out either.  I had my kids' rfid cards from last year or the year before, but I just went ahead and did the kiosks anyway and it spit out new cards with the exact same ID #'s on them.  Probably would have worked to go right to the lift, but I didn't want to take any chances and the kiosk took literally 30 seconds to do.  

On 1/20/2021 at 8:51 AM, theprogram4 said:

I’m excited to ride the new bubble lift at blue.  Amazing they installed it between Sunday and today

D697025A-4A16-4E3C-8C2C-99AB99F238BE.thumb.png.c874c2adecb0ce169547ece7711dda85.png

Like they couldn’t find any more realistic stock photos? Looks like they got it from shutter stock

https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/happy-little-boy-mom-mountain-600w-255248125.jpg

maybe they should add this one too,

mother-son-ski-lift-happy-600w-383936356

or this one. Totally realistic.

happy-young-woman-little-4-260nw-2933085

Hopefully they’ll write a trip report using all stock photos from this fictional duo at blue mountain

Edited by skiincy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Like they couldn’t find any more realistic stock photos? Looks like they got it from shutter stock

https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/happy-little-boy-mom-mountain-600w-255248125.jpg

maybe they should add this one too,

mother-son-ski-lift-happy-600w-383936356

or this one. Totally realistic.

happy-young-woman-little-4-260nw-2933085

Hopefully they’ll write a trip report using all stock photos from this fictional duo at blue mountain

There is a poster here who was talking lawsuit against blue for false advertising lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Robert2??  

Nah....some guy last year, or the year before.....it was totally funny how worked up he got about some photos blue used that weren't theirs.  He was also complaining about they werent making snow early in the year, because they didnt want to.  another tool bag that didnt understand temp, dewpoint, humidity, etc,.  

• Haha 1

then they use some legit photos that still make me look twice.

like this one, with the safety bar up.

or this other one (though stock) where only one ski has bindings (and the antitheft device is still on the jacket).

poconowinter.jpg

onebindbro.jpg

Edited by Benm
  • Haha 3