Colorado Road Trip - Telluride, Silverton, Crested Butte, Aspen

AtomicSkier

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Was just checking American Airlines Page.  You’re on the montrose to Dallas flight right??  

I’m in Denver on layover right now on Southwest.  Might get some more of those tamales I had on the way out here.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I’m in Denver on layover right now on Southwest.  Might get some more of those tamales I had on the way out here.

My bad for some reason I thought you were flying American through Dallas. Do you like tamales better than tacos?  I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had them. 

4 minutes ago, skiincy said:

in some delusion on i-70, I decided to stop briefly in Casey, IL.... The home of the worlds largest wooden chair and largest wind chim, among other things 😂 I highly recommend you save your time. All vacations for 2021 are downhill from here especially in the Midwest

Sounds like a legendary vacation. TFTI

On road trips I also like to stop to see goofy things like a giant chair. It's part of the fun. 

In 2017 I did almost the same exact drive you just did - Denver to PA in 24 hours (two 12 hour days) via I-70.  During the final leg from St. Louis to home, my car was stopped only 10 minutes total for two gas stops. Otherwise I kept on driving because I just wanted to be finished. Didn't even feel like stopping at the Wizard of Oz museum 💁‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

Nice day for some lunch turns.  Could get used to this 🥰

7AC95B73-A370-4340-AE25-1B43AB0BA5AD.jpeg

This is grate but why didn't you pair up with the person in front of you to save 5 seconds? The chair looks wide enough to separate by 6 feet. Asking for a friend @eaf

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Barb said:

Any favorite runs/ lifts/areas yet? Oh and tomorrow is trash day just so ya know. 

Trash is out!  

I haven't had a ton of time to explore yet.  Friday will be a longer ski day for me I think, so I'll start exploring more.  I've just been enjoying the soft-ish off trail snow, and same fast groomers.

• Like 4