the pics from today thread

Justin

Blue does a really nice job with the Fall Festival. For a $5 wristband the kids can do tons of activities. The outside dining area at the summit was really good. We rode the lift up walked the half mile across the top of the mountain and had a decent lunch. Thanks to the people we met from Delaware who gave me a ride to the base so I could drive back up and grab my family. Ridge did you see us at the Summit? There was 10 of us. 4 adults and 6 kids ages 3-9.

Awesome pics, thanks man. I'm surprised they were running both doubles for lift rides. Was it busy? Foliage almost past prime?

Foliage was a little on the downswing, but still pretty nice. Running both doubles was a must. The lifts were running at a snails pace and they were only loading every other chair on the way up, and every 4th on the way down. Lines were long in both directions.

The place got pretty crowded, all of the lots were full and the elk wagon was running. The most crowded spot was the bar in the mid afternoon, everyone was in there grabbing some pumpkin brews. I never really thought of it before at Elk, but it doesn't really have any sort of patio or deck to hang out on. People were just kind of crowding on the little boardwalks and in the grass outside the bar to hang out and drink. I probably would have stayed longer if there was somewhere to sit outside, but a little plastic table in the bar, even with the windows open, wasn't appealing.

• 2 weeks later...

Took a round trip up Madonna today, wanted to scope out the snow and maybe find a few skiable lines for Wednesday. Chance for some snow tonite/tomorrow. Foot deep drifts here and there, average 5-7" on a few of the trails on top. Sketchy even with rock skis, better snow is low angle and shaded.

Mmmm. Mansfield tasty.

post-2366-0-16195000-1383074008_thumb.jpg

Looks like a yurt is going up on this platform in the upper lot.

post-2366-0-96361600-1383074054_thumb.jpg

• Like 1